Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

my mozilla firefox will not open

Customer Question

my mozilla firefox will not open
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.

How long ago did this issue first start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

two days ago

Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Since this started happening fairly recently, lets try this: Click the Windows Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Follow the prompts to pick a restore date and time before your issue occured. You may need to check the show more restore points box to see more dates to pick. Make sure it says system restore successfully completed after it restarts your computer (let me know if it doesn't), then check if the issue is still there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I followed your instructions. The
program still would not open. I did it again and now no browser opens so I am using my iPhone.
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Did you get an exact message at the end of the system restore process saying it successfully restored to the date that you picked, or that it was incomplete?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received a message
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I received a message Saying it was successful
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Go to www.firefox.com using Internet Explorer (Start > All programs > Internet Explorer), then download, then install the latest version of Firefox there. Then restart Firefox again and check to see if it works.

If it still won't open, click the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program link > Uninstall any Mozilla Firefox program listed, then reinstall Firefox and test it, I'll stand by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already done that
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks for letting me know

Press the Windows Start button > Copy and paste the below into the search box:

firefox.exe -p -no-remote

Then press enter on the keyboard > Press the create profile button > Then next > finish > Then click the Start Firefox button

This will open a separate Firefox window, try using that and see if Firefox works correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no such button. I'm sorry but I have to go to bed.
Expert:  Bernie replied 2 years ago.
I understand, please post back tomorrow when you can

The windows start button is the round button in the very bottom left part of your screen:

graphic

You want to paste firefox.exe -p -no-remote in the box you see there
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did typed in the stuff you said to paste (I cannot past because my email connection goes through Firefox) and I am using another computer to communicate with you now.

A window called "Mozilla Crash Reporter" appeared on the screen and asked me to "tell Mozilla about his crash so they can fix it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I am still waiting for an answer and you suggested I open the question to others
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com I am sorry that you are having a problem and I will be more than glad to help you with the best of my ability.Have you tried uninstalling firefox then restarting the computer and then downloading and installing firefox again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
OK and what happened exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maybe I misunderstood your question. I have downloaded and installed Firefox at lease twice. The computer was turned off at least three times since my first installation.

Are you saying that I need to download it and install it again over the top of my last installation, then re-start the computer and then download it and install it again?
No I am saying uninstall the firefox program and once it is uninstalled restart the machine once it is back up. Click on Start then all programs and then accessories and then system tools then disk cleanup. Allow that program to run it will have white empty boxes once it is done calculating. Then scroll up and down and make sure there is a check mark in each box and then click on or cleanup should give you one of those options. Once complete Click on start then all programs then accessories then system tools again and this time click on disk defragmentor. Once that program comes up then click on defragment. When that completes this could take a while. Once done click on start then control panel. On the far left click on classic view. If you don't see it don't worry about it. Then click on internet options. Once in there click on the advanced tab at the top and click on the button that says reset. It will clear old data out of the internet programming. If it says delete personal setting proceed. Then restart the computer again and then download and install firefox again. Your machine should be cleaned out enought and error corrected for firefox to download without error. Let me know what happens.
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I started in on these tasks, but now I cannot uninstall it. I went to controll panel, highlighted Mozilla Firefox, clicked uninstall, clicked continue and nothing happen. I went into task manager to see if it was running and thereby preventing the uninstallation, but it was not running. This is a new problem for me.

Ok would you mind be using the remote access and having a look for you to see what is causing the problem?

If you are ok with that I am sending a link for you to click on so we can start a session ok.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=d5d83d7e-6bc5-4211-bd93-81b0a6a8afbf&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great. I did it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now, there is a circle going around by the words "Joining your session, but nothing is happening. I clicked to "try another option". Then it asked me to run Elsinore. ScreenConnect.GuestClient.exe. When I did, there was a warning that it could harm my computer.
Ok I am connected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I seem to have lost the train of our discussion. I allowed the defrag program to run for 4 or 5 hours. I finally closed it just now. Firefox still does not open.