cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I just bought a Gateway ZX4250-UB30. The touch screen does

I just bought a Gateway ZX4250-UB30. The touch screen does not work at all. There is no option for "Pen and Tablet" underneath the control panel. I chatted with someone from Gateway and he asked if I saw something for Gateway Touch Suite and I didn't. Isn't this software supposed to be preloaded? How can I get this software and get my touch screen to start working?

cvd4311 :

are you sure this is a touch screen? I have reserched the specs on this but don't see that.

cvd4311 :

I see the ZX4250-UB30P that is touch screen. Did you leave off the P?

Customer:

Yes, it says that all Gateway One ZX series are touch screen computers.

Customer:

It doesn't mention that they are touch screen on any of the other ones from what I could see.

Customer:

Yes, I left off the P.

cvd4311 :

oh okay. The touch screen is automatically installed in your touch screen monitor. if you pull something on the monitor you: www.yahoo.com then touch the screen to an article in the screen should come up. You might have to double click the screen to get into the article. I have a touchscreen but mine is HP and everything should be installed. It could be a defective Gateway. Did you install all CD's that game with your Gateway?

cvd4311 :

Try this:

cvd4311 :

• Power on your PC and let it boot into your Windows 7 operating system.

• 4

Open your Start menu and type "Touch" into the search bar. This will show a variety of options, including the "Pen and Touch" options. Double-click it to open the "Pen and Touch" window.

• 5

Check the boxes next to the "Use your finger as an input device" and, if preferred, check the "Enable multi-touch gestures and inking" box as well.

• 6

Click "Apply" to set the options and click "OK" to exit the window

•  

cvd4311 :

That is for Windows 7 OS. maybe it was turned off.

Please click accept and leave feedback.

cvd4311 :

IF it is off then that should turn everything back on.

cvd4311 :

Just tried it on my HP Touchsmart.

Customer:

Okay, is there a way I can get back to you after I try these steps? There were no discs or anything in the box and I am actually on the computer that I am having problems with.

cvd4311 :

yes keep this screen open then just click on your start button, type in "Touch" into the search bar. This will show a variety of options, including the "Pen and Touch" options. Double-click it to open the "Pen and Touch" window. Check the boxes next to the "Use your finger as an input device" and, if preferred, check the "Enable multi-touch gestures and inking" box as well. Click "Apply" to set the options and click "OK" to exit the window

I will be here for a few.

Customer:

Yeah, these things are not there. Pen is Touch is not an option at all.

cvd4311 :

Pen and Touch should be in second box under control panel

Customer:

It's not.

cvd4311 :

Oh wow. It should be. Do you have the CD that came with it?

Customer:

It didn't come with any CDs.

cvd4311 :

When did you buy this touch screen/

cvd4311 :

?

Customer:

Best Buy

cvd4311 :

what date?

Customer:

Yesterday. 1/21

cvd4311 :

Okay even if you restore to factory settings you won't get your touch screen and this should have already been installed with computer so that you won't have to install anything. I would suggest taking this back to store with your receipt and letting best buy know that the touch screen is not work. Everything should have been preloaded. You should not have to buy anything.

Please click accept and leave feedback.

Customer:

Thanks.