Mike6708
Mike6708, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ certified trained in networking and windows XP Vista and 7 knowledgable in visual basic
36403141

The screen of my HP Compaq CQ60 has stopped working. The laptop

The screen of my HP Compaq CQ60 has stopped working. The laptop works fully and correctly when linked to a monitor. The monitor closes down and starts again when the laptop is closed and reopened. When I press fn/f4 the monitor screen goes on and off and the laptop screen also changes colour but only from black to grey. I wonder if it is some simple connection fault rather than a screen failure.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike6708 replied 4 years ago.

Mike6708 :

THIS MAY BE A BAD CONNECTION BETWEEN THE LCD CABLE AND THE SCREEN BUT MOST LIKELY THE SCREEN IS DEAD BUT YOU CAN TRY TO RECONNECT THE CABLE TO THE BACK OF THE SCREEN

Mike6708 :

OR EVEN REPLACE THE CABLE

Mike6708 :

TYHE CABLE IS CHEAP MAYBE $15 AS IS THE INVERTER WHICH YOU CAN TRY ALSO. IF NEITHER WORK THEN ITS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE SCREEN AND YOU CAN FIND A SCREEN ON EBAY FOR AROUND $60-$75. iTS A VERY EASY FIX THAT YOU CAN DO YOUR SELF