shorecc
shorecc, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Owner of successful computer repair company

My outlook calendar doesnt open. How do I fix that?

My outlook calendar doesn't open. How do I fix that?
Category: Computer
Expert:  shorecc replied 2 years ago.

shorecc :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help

shorecc :

What happens when you try to open your outlook calendar?

Customer:

Hi Joseph. The calendar opens and I can't see my Calendar. There is a message that says, "Cannot display information. There is either a problem connecting with the server or an error occurred. Try starting microsoft office again."

Customer:

Also, when I open Outlook I get a message that says, "Could not read the calendar. Outlook can't open this item. The item may be damaged."

shorecc :

ok thank you...One moment please

shorecc :

and which version of outlook do you have?

Customer:

I think it's 2007....how do I check?

shorecc :

Click the Fix it button and then click Run

shorecc :

In order to ensure you don't lose me, right click that link and click Open link in new tab

shorecc :

It will then start with an installation Wizard, just click the checkbox Agree and then click Next until the Wizard completes

Customer:

Ok, doing that now

shorecc :

Great, this will attempt to repair your outlook configuration

Customer:

It's asking for the name of the file I want to scan?

shorecc :

Ok one moment please

Customer:

k

Customer:

My problem isn't the inbox it's the calendar

shorecc :

Yes but your calendar is associated with the outlook PST file, so this will repair that

shorecc :

We just need to locate your PST file , I am trying to find the default location of this

Customer:

ok

shorecc :

Ok to find the location of your PST file, 1st go into Outlook

shorecc :

On the Tools menu click Options

Customer:

done

shorecc :

On the Mail Setup Tab click the Data Files button

shorecc :

Here it will tell you the location of your PST files

shorecc :

For example, C:\Exchange\Mailbox.pst indicates a .pst file that is named Mailbox.pst located in the Exchange folder on your drive C.

shorecc :

This is the location / file you wish to put into the Fix It tool

Customer:

ok one sec

shorecc :

ok

Customer:

I need to close outlook before it can run right?

shorecc :

Yes you should

Customer:

it's initializing....waiting to see what happens

shorecc :

Ok very good

Customer:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gill\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst

Customer:

this is what I put in

Customer:

is this correct

shorecc :

That is correct yes

Customer:

ok, keeping fingers crossed

shorecc :

Good luck!

Customer:

thx...I'll let you know when it completes

shorecc :

Ok very good, it may take awhile, but in the meantime Ill be around if any questions arise

Customer:

ok, thanks

Customer:

are you there

shorecc :

Yes

Customer:

should I check the box that says, "make backup of scanned file before repairing'?

shorecc :

Yes that cannot hurt anything, only help, so do that

Customer:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gill\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.bak...........it's asking me if I want to repair this file. Should I hit the "repair" button?

shorecc :

Yes, thats the one!

Customer:

I hit repair....will update once complete

shorecc :

Very good, thank you

Customer:

Don't see anything happening on the screen

shorecc :

Please give the system a minute to catch up

Customer:

k

shorecc :

When you clicked the Repair button, what happened? Does the screen with the repair button still show?

Customer:

Yes and when I scroll over it I see the hourglass

shorecc :

Ah okay, so this may take awhile...

Customer:

ah

Customer:

now the box has disappeared

Customer:

not sure if it got fixed?

Customer:

what should I do next?

shorecc :

Try to open Outlook and see if now it works

Customer:

ok one sec

Customer:

I'm getting stuff but it's all listed in a list not on my calendar

Customer:

how do I change the view

shorecc :

What view would you like to change to?

Customer:

weekly

shorecc :

On the top left of the screen there should be a Change View button

shorecc :

Or click View

shorecc :

Then Current View

shorecc :

then switch to the view you desire

Customer:

ah gotcha

Customer:

ok works

Customer:

thanks!

shorecc :

You're welcome!

shorecc :

Is there anything else I can help you out with today?

Customer:

that's everything. Thanks

shorecc :

You're welcome! Have a great day, and please don't forget to click the green Accept button so that I may get credit for my work!

Customer:

ah yes :)

shorecc, Computer Repairer
Experience: Owner of successful computer repair company