Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

What is m.mg.mail.yahoo.com in web browser?

Those are just sub-domains of yahoo.com

If you go to Yahoo.com or Ymail.com then you'll see you're redirected to that. Generally, an "m." is started for domains where it's a mobile version (hence m.)

mg is part of the start of yahoo mail's address even on computers - for example, mine reads: http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com

The fact that M or MG are your intiials is, assuredly, just a coincidence and doesn't indicate anything abnormal; your connection to Yahoo is safe and secure.

Read full interaction below »

What is m.mg.mail.yahoo.com. in my browser? I don't ever remember specifically seeing that upon yahoo mail login on this ipad. Its creepy since m.mg happens to be the peculiar way I sign my initials. and I'm more cautious nowadays since I have had 4 laptops hacked and crashed through targeted DOS-MITM (denial of service - man in the middle) network attacks in the past 2 years. Whew! Now that's a mouthful.
More on that horror story maybe later. Sure would like to NAIL the perp!!!
Again, what does m.mg.mail.yahoo.com stand for? One yahoo! Search says its an ip address. Thanks, m.mg
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 5 years ago.

Those are just sub-domains of yahoo.com