ITTechChris
ITTechChris, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician
63401584

Widows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330 Will NOT finish updating.

Widows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330 Will NOT finish updating. Iget Error code(NNN) NNN-NNNN and told to try again. I have done this inumeral times as windows update keeps tell me it is ready to be run.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 5 years ago.

ITTechChris :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im an certified expert here to assist you with your question.

ITTechChris :

This problem consists of to many updates that needed to update. Your computer has not been updated in awhile, am I correct?

Customer:

No, as soon as windows update tells me that I have update I do it

ITTechChris :

Alright. When did this problem occur?

Customer:

About a week ago and every day i get told I have an important update it tturns out to bee that on. I have tried sometimes a often three aday as it tells me to try again

ITTechChris :

Does the code look like this picture in the link?

Customer:

I have no idea, itjust tells me the error code ond says to try again

Customer:

I have just tried the link and that is it

ITTechChris :

Alrighty. Do you have the system update readiness tool?

Customer:

I have the update tool and it has just told me I have an update waiting and it is service pack one

Customer:

Again

ITTechChris :

Try to download the update manually and then install it.

Here is a link to download the update:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7d72f845-9feb-4685-a669-f9d6ab54f9ed&displaylang=en

Customer:

No Joy. It still will not work

Customer:

The update given says not apply to my system

Customer:

does not apply to my system is what I meant to say

Customer:

I found another link Windows6.0-KB947821-v4-x86 but it does not finish. it just ceases to do anything

ITTechChris :

Ok. It means you already have it installed.

Customer:

No it doesn't reach the end of the moving line

Customer:

KB936330,KB947821 twice Failed and the link you have just sent says does not appy to my system

Customer:

sorry reading a previous line of our discussion the link was sent earlier

Customer:

KB936330,KB947821 twice Failed however

ITTechChris :

Ok. On start, type in 'system update' on 'search programs'

Customer:

yes what now I have a number of things showing one of which is the icon for auto get updates

Customer:

That thing just keeps downloading SP1

ITTechChris :

I would like you to do is download ccleaner at this site below.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Once it is downloaded, turn on the ccleaner. When it pops up there there will be 4 icons on the left that will say cleaner, registry, tools, and options.

1st, left click on the cleaner. After you are on cleaner, on the bottom right of the screen, click 'Run Cleaner' and let it run.

When it has completed, you will know for it will say 100% on the screen.

When it has completed, click 'Registry' on the left side of the page underneath 'Cleaner'.

Once you are on 'Registry, click the 'Scan For Issues' located on the middle bottom of the screen. After it has done its scan, click the 'Fix selected issues' button.

Kindly let me know when it has complete or if you have any questions about it.

Customer:

Completed

ITTechChris :

Ok, when you have done that, restart your computer then try installing the updates again.

Customer:

Failed yet again

ITTechChris :

Give this a try please. It is one of the top brands out there. http://driverupdate.net/index_lp.php?gid=1070819436&aps=driver_update

ITTechChris :

Also, have you downloaded any new anti virus software rite before the inncodent took place?

Customer:

No I have had Mcafee installed from the beginning

ITTechChris :

Ok, you will need to uninstall that as well for it will corrupt the communications if you have 2 or more anti virus softwares at the same time.

We need to restore the Windows updater.

By doing this, go to the site and click on Run Now.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have two virus checkers, just the one. SP2 & SP3 + all other update have been successful.

Ok. Please go to

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 and press Run Now

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2012 14:18

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Update type: Important

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 addresses specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this item, you will have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

I have tried everything suggested I think I will have to pack it in I will try the links above and hope for the best. If that doesnt work Then I will hide the update and not be bothered.

Alright my friend. Some updates that come out are incompatible with some service packs but I wanted to make sure we could try everything before saying so.

The next update that comes out should correct everything.

I'm glad you could bear with me. I wish to deal with you in the near future with any other problems you may have, you can always request me when you ask another question on here.

If I have helped you with your question fully, kindly press the Accept button located on this page so it will submit that I have helped you. Thanks :)