Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

A STRANGER HACKED MY MATCH.COM ACCOUNT. i REPORTED IT TO MATCH

A STRANGER HACKED MY MATCH.COM ACCOUNT. i REPORTED IT TO MATCH AND THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT. MY QUESTION(S) ARE,WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT,SHOULD I REPORT IT TO THE POLCE,AND WHAT ABOUT MY PERSONAL INFO,DID THEY GET MY HOME ADDRESS,CREDIT CARD INFO ETC. IM CONCERNED BECAUSE I HAD PICS OF MY KIDS THERE,LOOKING BACK I guess that was a mistake. should i be concerned about any of these things,and if so,what should i do. thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 years ago.

You can try to report to the police, but they likely won't do anything, but you can do a police report and provide it to the 3 credit bureaus as needed.

Your match.com account information might not have shown your full credit card number, so the hacker might not see it, but you can contact your credit company and the credit bureaus in order to request freezing your credit if needed.

Also, click below and click on Download Latest Version, to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-malware software. Then scan your computer:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should i have any concerns that my home address was accessed,because as i mentioned,i have 2 daughters and im concerned for their well being
The hacker could know your home address, but usually they just want to get your credit card number to buy stuff and/or get your match/email accounts and contact your contacts on those accounts requesting for money. Thanks.