cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.

Should my Paperport 12 work on Windows 7 Pro?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 years ago.

cvd4311 :

This is what I have found on a forum about paperport:

Operating System

• PaperPort 12 runs on computers using the Windows 7 operating system. It also runs on Windows XP and Vista. While it runs on any version of Windows 7, XP users need Service Pack 3 installed, and Vista users must use Service Pack 2.

Other Requirements

• Though the software runs on Windows 7, additional requirements must be met for successful installation and satisfactory performance. PaperPort 12 requires Internet Explorer 6 or newer, at least 512 MB of RAM and 500 MB of free hard drive space.

Please click accept and leave feedback.

cvd4311 :

I also found out that if you are running Norton internet security that will conflict with Paperport. Someone said this about it: installed an upgrade of Norton Internet Security 2010 last week and soon noticed that I couldn't scan in Paperport 12. The scanner would initiate and scan the object, but it would not send the scan to Paperport's desktop and the program would freeze. I reseached Norton and found that there may have been a conflict with the Insight Protection part of Norton and turned it off. I rebooted and the scanner worked fine.

cvd4311 :

One more solution that might work: When Paperport locks, do alt/ctrl/delete and run the task manager.
Do not stop the program from running.
Select the tab that reads "Processes" and search for paperport. There may be 2 processes, one referring to paperport and and the other referring to the paperport link (paperport is abbreviated in this one).

Kill the processes and the program will now continue to run. Please click accept and leave feedback.