Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer, Microsoft
Experience:  approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design

windows 7 on iMac cant find network adapter

windows 7 on iMac can't find network adapter
Category: Computer
Expert:  Claws224 replied 2 years ago.

Claws224 :

If you boot your Mac into the Windows 7 installation and then put your OSX disk into the machine, Once you do that can you then open the Windows explorer by clicking start then Computer and browsing to the DVD drive.

On the dvd drive you should see a folder that contains your boot camp drivers for your version of Windows, As you have installed Windows 7 you will probably need the x64 installer and just follow the prompts to install the drivers for your machine, and once finished can you tehn restart your machine back into Windows and let me know if your drivers are now installed so you can see your network card listed.

If that does not work please let me know

Thanks

Customer:

apple did not include ah OSX disk

Claws224 :

Ok,

Is this a New Mac with Lion?

Customer:

yes

Claws224 :

Ok,

Give me just a second

Claws224 :

Can you tell me if you used a USB stick to install or did you use a downloaded Bootcamp package?

Claws224 :

ALso do you know what version of Bootcamp you used? Was it 3.2 or 4?

Customer:

downloaded bootcamp

Claws224 :

Ok,

Do you know which version?

Claws224 :

You should have downloaded and used Bootcamp 4, however it should have prompted you to make a USB driver stick during the install which is why I was wondering if you were using an older version

Claws224 :

Just to check can you boot to Lion and then open teh bootcamp utility and then run the updater and let me know if it will then download the drivers for your Windows version

Customer:

can't find the version

Claws224 :

Ok,

can you boot to LIon and then launch the bootcamp utility from the applications folder and see if you can then update it

Claws224 :

If you just go to your applications folder you should see the Bootcamp assistant application

Claws224 :

If you open it it should give you the option to update or upgrade your drivers

Customer:

will have to log off to reboot

Claws224 :

No worries, Just take your time and let me know if you have any issues

Claws224 :

If you do not get eh support option to download the driers you may wish to rerun teh bootcamp installer and this time choose to create CD, That way you can burn the bootcamp files to a blank CD which will include the drivers which you can then use to install the drivers by booting to windows then putting the disk into the machine and browsing to it from start- Computer

Customer:

the installer options were remove windows 7 or update (which I did this afternoon) i do have a CD with all the bootcamp files

Claws224 :

Ok,

Claws224 :

If you have a CD with the bootcamp files could you boot to windows 7 then put the disk in your machine and then click start then computer and browse to the CD

Claws224 :

when you do that you should then see the setup file for the drivers

Claws224 :

all you should have to do is run the driver installer and it will install the drivers for the Blouetooth, Network graphics etc

Customer:

i'll try that

Claws224 :

Ok,

the disk should autorun when you put it in to your Mac under windows, however sometimes you may have to click start tehn computer and manually launch the setup program

Claws224 :

just let me know if you have any issues

Customer:

the disk did great. I'm in business. Thank you.

Experience: approx 20 years of experience from software to hardware design