Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

I am trying to connect my logitech revue unit to my bigger

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my logitech revue unit to my bigger tv screen from my desktop computer. I have a netgear wireless router at my desktop computer. My problem is at my big screen tv. I have the hdmi cables hook up from the logitech box to one of the inputs of my big screen tv and the other hdmi cable to my stb unit. When I try to go to one of the inputs from the tv video source I cannot get it to connect. I would appreciate any support that can be given.
Category: Computer
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 2 years ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. I do believe I can help you with your problem today.

jstinehelfer :

Is the HDMI out port on the revue connected to one of the HDMI in port on the tv?

Customer:

yes

jstinehelfer :

And the Revue is turned on and the tv is on that HDMI input selection

Customer:

I cannot get the video source on my big screen tv to connect. It bypasses the input selection when trying to connect to one of the inputs

jstinehelfer :

Do you have more than one HDMI ports on the TV

jstinehelfer :

Maybe you can try another port

Customer:

i tried another port but the same thing happens

jstinehelfer :

are you using the revue straight to the tv or is there another device in between

Customer:

no whatever came with the revue is only connected

jstinehelfer :

do you have another HDMI cable to swap out just to see if it is the cable

Customer:

no i don't. Do I need the HDMI cable to be connecte to the stb box? If not I can use this cable to swap.

jstinehelfer :

I am thinking out loud here but I wonder if the revue is confused because it was working on your desktop but then we switched it to another type of device and it does not understand how to talk to that device

jstinehelfer :

I am wondering if we need to do a reset on this revue and re run the setup so it knows how to talk to your big tv

jstinehelfer :

Press and hold the Pair/Reset button on the back of your Revue for 10 seconds.
Logitech Revue Pairing

jstinehelfer :

after this then try to change the input on the tv and see if it comes on

jstinehelfer :

The hdmi should be hooked from the OUT on the Revue to the IN on the TV

jstinehelfer :

your tv should see the revue by selecting the correct HDMI input selection

jstinehelfer :

did this solve your problem?

Customer:

no, I cannot get the HDMI input selection to work. Could this be a problem with my tv?

jstinehelfer :

how old is the tv?

jstinehelfer :

do you have another device that is on HDMI that you can test that tv port?

jstinehelfer :

are you using a HDMI with your sat/cable box?

Customer:

About 5 yrs old. No I am not

jstinehelfer :

I wish you had another hdmi device for testing purposes

jstinehelfer :

Well I guess you need a game plan here

jstinehelfer :

I would try another hdmi cable

jstinehelfer :

if that dont work talk to logitech and let them do some troubleshooting

jstinehelfer :

and I guess if it is down to the tv then I am now sure which way you would go there being 5 years old

jstinehelfer :

You said it was working before you moved it so it is pointing towards a cable or tv is the problem

jstinehelfer :

Have you unplugged your TV from power for a bit then plug it back in and see if that helps

Customer:

ok I am rebooting my tv cable box

jstinehelfer :

are you killing the power to the TV then plugging it back in?

jstinehelfer :

Did I loose you?

jstinehelfer :

If you rebooted everything and changed out the hdmi cable then its time to call Logitech

jstinehelfer :

Support - Main

+1(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Monday - Friday: 6am - 6pm PST
Saturday - Sunday: 7am - 5pm PST

jstinehelfer :

Thank you for using Just Answer.com please click on accept so I can get credit for helping you if I have answered your question correctly and to the best of my ability. If I have not been able to answer the question please let me know and ask for more help. Please take the time to fill out the feedback on how I am doing. This helps me help you better in the future. Have a great day.

Customer:

Problem not solved

jstinehelfer :

this is either a logitech problem or a tv problem. So you need to go down those avenues. I have given all the troubleshooting skills on this and if it is the tv hardware problem its obvious I can not fix this.

jstinehelfer :

I can opt out and let another Expert try if you like.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’d like to help you with your problem. When you are satisfied with my answers, please remember to click on accept.

It wasn't clear to me from your conversation with the previous expert, please confirm,

You have your cable box, with the hdmi output connected to the hdmi input on the revue, and then another hdmi cable from the hdmi out on the revue, to an hdmi on the tv. Correct?
Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience: Own/operate computer networking/IT company.