tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  3+ years Computer Support Specialist County School System, 3+ years Networking Specialist
35117564

My shockwave flash keeps crashing ALL the time. How can I fix

Customer Question

My shockwave flash keeps crashing ALL the time. How can I fix it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  tbwhite2040 replied 2 years ago.

tbwhite2040 :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you in finding an answer to your question.

tbwhite2040 :

What do you mean they keep crashing? Is this when watching video's or playing online games?

Customer:

Hi Tim, got this at 1.37pm. Between your end going down and my end with the shockwave Flash unresponsive Like every 60 seconds even here as the page loads, there is goes again, every thing is grinding to a slow halt. This is the second computer I have connected and it's all the same. What the hell can I do to fix it? I play Farmville on Facebook.

Customer:

Hi Tim, Still struggling along this end. It still crashes so often it takes 30+ minutes to load a page on Farmville or anywhere else for that matter. Why connected to my network provider , this is what I get. Spent 2 weeks on another network and it just kept saying that a script or something wasn't working. We used the same browser though.

Expert:  Magic C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Magic, and thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. I will be glad to help you. It seems that your previous expert is offline at this time.

To resolve your issue, please try the following:
1) Go to this website and download the uninstaller:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download the 32-bit uninstaller and save it to your Desktop. Open the file after saving it.

2) Go to the following links to get both versions of the player.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer_%2832_bit%29&os=Windows%207&browser=Firefox

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers_%2832_bit%29&d=McAfee_Security_Scan_Plus&os=Windows%207&browser=Firefox

Save them both to your Desktop.

3) Close all browsers, then open each file and allow the installation to complete.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

I would agree with the other expert Magic. Try uninstalling the Flash, Java, and Shockwave programs from the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and then download the Flash Uninstaller from the other expert's post to make sure it is completely uninstalled. then try reinstalling the programs.

If it still crashes let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I unloaded the flash and that ok but when I went to the links to download, it said the Google Chrome had the latest version and there was no need to download. It also didn't give me a chance to download. I tried the computer out and it lasted for 6 seconds before it froze again because of..........shockwave flash!! What next please?

Have you tried removing Google Chrome to see if the flash program would work better in IE7 or IE8?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I haven't. If I remove it how do I get online to try and download?
You should be able to get online and download using IE 7 or IE 8 for Windows which is Internet Explorer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks. Will try it and let you know. You may have guessed i'm not savvy on computers. Hope to be right back.
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK back at long last. Had to break to keep the piece with the wife. Went to IE and managed to download both of them. just spent 20 minutes on the farmville and didn't have the usual stoppages. It did take over 10 minutes to load the main pages of farmville. Everything is really slow. Even to get out of something. Any ideas? Is it connected? The Farmville did stall near the end due to "script' not responding. Turns out that it is Internet explorer taking too long to hook up. Haven't tried the farm via Google yet. One thing at a time, and how much time.....

Go to the control panel and click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab and scroll down the list until you see Disable Script Debugging(IE) and Disable Script Debugging (Firefox). Make sure both are checked and click Apply. Also need to check your connection speed for your internet. If you are on broadband DSL or cable, the bandwidth has a lot to do with the speed of streaming games and video. You also need to check the amount of RAM that you are using. You must have double the amount of RAM that your video card uses because what ever amount the video card has is how much RAM is used by the system to run the video processes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks that sounds great. I went into internet options but they were both checked already. I think the shockwave thing is under control although i'm now having a few problems getting rid of IE so I can try out google again. On IE there is a script that keeps coming up and it makes the whole stall. It's 3am+ here so going off to bed. If you could please just help me get rid of the IE and try something else to get the load up a tad faster. I do have 1 1/2gig of ram on the laptop and 1/2 gig on the home computer. It seems to run at the same speed on both. Have a nice day nd thanks again.
To set your homepage to Google go back to the Internet Options in the Control Panel and click on it. Then under the General tab change your default homepage to http://www.google.com and click Apply. Then everytime you open up IE it will load to Google homepage. As far as the RAM this is the very minimum for the laptop to work properly. I would recommend updating the RAM to at least 2 1Gigabyte sticks for the laptop and for the desktop. make sure you take a stick of each with you when you purchase it to make sure you get the right ones you need to upgrade it, Once you do this you will be surprised at how much faster everything will work for you.
Experience: 3+ years Computer Support Specialist County School System, 3+ years Networking Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help. just one thing. With the laptop, the bloke opened it up and slid in one of those circuit boards to boost the ram. Is this what you mean. I don't dare ask where you stick the one for the tower. Hve a happy safe new year. :) Paul

Yes this is correct. The desktop has longer DIMM slots that hold the RAM and you can view how to install RAM into a desktop computer by going to the link below and following directions, It is a very simple process. I hope you have safe and happy holidays and Happy NewYear.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ram6.htm