Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

The following is an e-mail that I have never sent. Thai

The following is an e-mail that I have never sent. Thai morning many of my contacts are asking why I sent them this ODD message? Can you help me get to the bottom of this mystery?? Thanks & Happy holiday! Dennis XXXXXX ([email protected]) "Threat blocked! Exploit pharmacy spam site," my antivirus and spamblocker tells me. Is that what you intended to send me? -----Original Message----- From: Dennis XXXXXX, LMT To: garygripp ; ginnical ; grclaflin ; hjkitt ; iamadelemarie ; iamdelemarie ; info Sent: Sat, Dec 24, 2011 8:11 am Subject: .. Hi!!! Nice weekend, isn?t it? Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:11:11 _________________________________ "After the _Free Press_ came out, he had to get an armful and hustle for his train." (c) WILBERT wifradar
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with this.

These types of scams/spamming e-mails are becoming extremely common these days. E-mail addresses are being taken over/accessed by two main ways: (1) by users unknowingly having their password XXXXX from a fake login page or from web sites that users have signed up on with a password XXXXX their e-mail password; and (2) weak passwords that are easily guessed by computers constantly trying to gain access to an e-mail account. Accounts are also compromised if the user responds to any emails requesting personal details like the account password, answer to security questions, etc.

Spammers are desperate for 'fresh' accounts like yours because the chance that it will get flagged as 'spam' (at first) is very low, versus most spam that never makes it to a user's inbox.

Here is what you need to do right away: Please change your password XXXXX away to avoid having this occur in the future. If you need assistance with changing your password, please Reply and let me know.

Once you change your password, the spammer who is accessing your account from a different location will no longer have access to it and you will be fine.
However, please use a different password XXXXX now on for your e-mail versus any other web site, and use at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and a number, like Spectacular10, or Amazing1900. Avoid first/last names, pet names, DOB, anniversaries, etc. Those are much too common.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know the steps to change my password. Computer knowledge is very slim on my end.

Can you please tell me who your e-mail provider is (Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo, etc.)? Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

#1- in answer to your query: I think my e-mail provider is aol. my e-mail address is [email protected]

#2- I have NOT been able to follow the directions that were sent to 'change my password' When I enter my old password, I am told that IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED?

#3- Maybe, I don't remember my old password XXXXX In that case how do I get beyond this stage in solving this problem?

I appreciate your help in getting through this. I am only able to stay on this problem for another 20 minutes abd then I must leave for an appt.

Hmm; that's not good...

Are you able to log in at all here -->