kooleraid
kooleraid, Consultant
Experience:  17+ year Management and Engineering experience across both product development and technical services organizations.

Hello, I have ASUS ultrabook UX13E and it will not turn on

Customer Question

Hello, I have ASUS ultrabook UX13E and it will not turn on ,, can you help me ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

knoker1234 :

Hello

knoker1234 :

My name is James

knoker1234 :

Welcome to Just Answer

Customer :

Hello James

knoker1234 :

Hello > When the Machine comes on is there anyting at all , can you get to the Bios

Customer :

It is actually no response

Customer :

when i press the start

knoker1234 :

Thanks

knoker1234 :

Can you remove the battery and the power cord

knoker1234 :

hold the power on button for 2 mins

knoker1234 :

with both removed

knoker1234 :

then replace the power cord only

knoker1234 :

and start the machine

Customer :

for remove something from the computer I need to open it and take it out probably

knoker1234 :

not the battery

knoker1234 :

you should be able to just remove the battery without problem

Customer :

the battery is inside the computer

Customer :

I dont know if you have seen these new computers Asus ultrabook , but they are aluminium and everything is inside

Customer :

not sure if I have tools for open it

Customer :

is there no other way for start it ?

Customer :

I do not have tools for open it right now

Customer :

is it the only way ?

Expert:  James K. replied 2 years ago.

When you plug the power cord in , dose it show as charging >

Expert:  kooleraid replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome to JustAnswer!

Could you please confirm whether your computer is an ASUS Zenbook UX31E because there is no UX13E model? If you have the UX31E is yours UX31E-DH52, UX31E-DH53 or UX31E-DH72? Please provide the exact model number for your laptop.

Please provide us with the requested information at your earliest convenience so that we may continue to assist you!
Expert:  kooleraid replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Just following up to see if you have had a chance to look up your laptop model. Please let me know at your earliest convenience and we resolve your problem!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi

It is UX31E DH-72
Expert:  kooleraid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the update.

Below please find the general symptom & solution matrix for your laptop. Please go through and follow the instructions. If you have further questions, please provide the additional information requested in your reply.

Symptoms
(Note: Y is Yes, N is N; Y = 2, N =4 would mean "If Yes go to 2, If No go to 4")

1. Power On by Battery only? (Y = 2, N = 4)
2. Able to see BIOS (ASUS Logo)? (Y = 3, N = A)
3. Able to load the OS? (Y = B, N = A)
4. Adapter power LED ON? (Y = 5, N = C)
5. Power ON by Adapter only? (Y = 6, N = A)
6. Able to see BIOS (ASUS logo)? (Y = 7, N = A)
7. Able to load the OS? (Y = D, N = A)

Solutions
A. Problem might be in the MB, HDD, or NB; visit a local service center for assistance

B. Problem caused by the operating system, try restoring your system using the recovery partition or disc. Note: You must backup all your data to another location before recovering.

C. Adapter problem; check the power cord connections, otherwise visit a local service center for replacement.

D. Battery problem; please check the battery contacts, otherwise visit a local service center for repair.

Additional Information
A. When was the last time it was operational? What happened since then? Did you drop the computer, was there a storm while charging, etc etc?

B. When and where was the machine purchased / Are you still under warranty?

C. Have you registered your notebook for warranty with the manufacturer http://member.asus.com/login.aspx?SLanguage=en-us?