Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My adobe flash player does not work properly . . I have downloaded

My adobe flash player does not work properly . . I have downloaded the latest version several times. It's as though the videos and animations "try" to work, but they jump and tile etc. What can I do to fix this?
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

First off, please go to Tools (press ALT if you are unable to see it at the top) > Internet Options > Advanced, then look for and uncheck the “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” option. Click Apply > Ok, then close and re-open IE and let me know if this resolves your issue with playing the videos all right.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have done the above as instructed . . However, I cannot find the option that says "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" option . .
I have included a screenshot for you now, as follows:

graphic

Do you see it in your Internet Options?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My apologies . . . I went back and did find this option at the top of the list (wasn't looking as closely as I thought I was). But it is already unchecked . . . And flashplayer still doesn't work correctly
I see. Are you using version 9 of IE, by any chance?

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, wasn't sure . . . But yes . . . I am using IE 9

Okay. First off, please go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, click on View installed updates (at the left panel), then look for and remove 'Windows Internet Explorer 9'.

Done that, restart your computer in order to roll back to IE8 automatically - then check if this resolves your issue with the Flash videos all right.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much!! That did it . . . Everything is back to working as before! Much appreciated!
No problem! You may just click "Accept Answer" now. Thanks!

Regards