Hello, you put your HP/Compaq back to Factory Settings and there are 3 ways to do this.
1) Using the built-in recovery partition
2) Using the Recovery Disc Set (you created)
3) Using the Recovery Disc from HP
If for some reason the built-in recovery does not work, or will not do the job, you will have to order the recovery disc if you failed to create them. This will not only re-install Windows back to the way you first got it, but it will rebuild the recovery partition fixing that as well.
HP Factory Restore.
1) Turn on the computer
2) Press and Hold F11 to start the Recovery Process (At the HP Logo Screen)
3) Follow Instructions
NOTE: Some computers are F10.
HP Recovery Disc
2) Start tapping/pressing F9 for Boot Menu (or ESC key)
3) Insert HP Recovery Disc
4) Select DVD/CD-ROM and press enter
5) Press any key to start the installation
HP: 1-800-474-6836 (Call To Order Recovery Disc Set)
BEST OF LUCK!GOD BLESS!
how do i get to factory partition?
Using the F11 key. If that does not work then you MUST call HP to order a Recovery Disc if you failed to create your own when you first setup the laptop.