B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how to reinstall PINNACLE STUDIO 15 HD ULTIMATE COLLECTION

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Did you purchase the Pinnacle program online, or do you have an installation disk for the same?

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I installed PINNACLE STUDIO 15 HD ULTIMATE COLLECTION and after using the program I got the message that the importer was not working. I shut down the computer in the hope that the program would selfheal but it did not. Then I tried to reinstall PINNACLE STUDIO 15 HD. At first the installer indicated that I could try to repair the installed program or remove it. I thought it best to repair the program but it did not what I expected. Instead the installer tried to upgrade the PINNACLE program and could not be budged out of that attitude. It kept on trying to upgrade . I tried downloading a trial version of PINNACLE STUDIO 15 but after installing the installer tried again to upgrade the program. There must be a small program somewhere that interferes with the installer , but I can not find it or I would have removed it. Removing by the Windows 7 installer gave no result either . I got the message that there was another program installed and I had to try and remove it using the configurationmap which after clicking on the guilty program and then clicking on remove told me that it could not. I have tried again and again (I spent the whole afternoon on removing) but NO GO. There must be a simple solution but I can not find it. I GIVE UP!!!
Expert:  B. Rath replied 2 years ago.
I see. First off, please download the Revo Uninstaller Utility using the following link:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Done that, run and use the utility to look for and uninstall any reference to Pinnacle Studio accordingly. Make sure to right-click on the entry, and click the 'Uninstall' option to remove it, as well as use the Scan button to scan for, select and remove ALL traces of the files, folders, and registry entries left, listed in the process.

Restart thereafter, then reinstall the program - this should do it.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sad news! The revo uninstaller could not even find the trial version of PINNACLE STUDIO 15 HD ULTIMATE COLLECTION. The trial version was not even indicated in the Windows 7 Programs but when I tried to install PINNACLE STUDIO 15 the little program that told me that I could not install PINNACLE WAS STILL PRESENT. Curious that even a downloaded free trial version gave the same message. Even more curious is that the installer on the original PINNACLE disk did not give the possiblity of removing the program but insisted on upgrading a program that was not even present.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, that's odd. When (timewise) did you install the Pinnacle Studio program first?

Regards
Expert:  B. Rath replied 2 years ago.
I'll have to go off for the day now, so I'll check back for your response tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, please carry out a system restore as well.

First off, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore, then restore your system back to a date and time BEFORE you installed Pinnacle Studio initially.

Restart normally thereafter - the installation should be rolled back as well. Check if you can install Pinnacle Studio once again this time.

Regards
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience: Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
B. RATH. i can not leave feedback because the advice you gave for recovery of the operating system of Windows Vista Home premium did NOT solve the problem. There must be some program that interferes with Pinnacle Studio 15. I asked AVID (the makers and sellers of the program) *But all I got was the answer that I had to reinstall applications one by one and test Pinnacle Studio 15 with each reinstallation. Monks work !!! But the only possibility to get the whole shebang in operation.*