Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.
33925084

Hi all. Just subscribed to Zoosk. When I chat; they cant see

Hi all. Just subscribed to Zoosk. When I chat; they can't see my message. Why?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

Unless the person you wish to chat with has a paid subscription as well (most people do not), they will not be able to see your chat messages. Instead, you can send them a regular message on zoosk.com asking for them to call you or add you on Facebook or another service.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So why does it show them online; if they can't chat?
That's part of Zoosk's marketing... in hopes that you will pursuade that other user to sign up for the premium subscription as well. I had Zoosk and refused to renew after learning how restrictive the service was.

FS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, if I message someone with an interest; it is best for me to chat with them on YM or Facebook?
Yes, because, at most, they will be able to send you one regular message. You can tell them to chat with you on YM or Facebook but be careful with typing the name - "Facebook" for example will be filtered. Just type F B for example or Y ahoo or Y M and provide your username so that they can chat with you there.

FS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow Zucks!!! haha
HAHA. Yes, it does, unfortunately. Why they would want to restrict people so intensely in hopes of making money really doesn't seem like the best way to foster an ability for people to get to know each other.

You may click Accept once you have no further questions; thanks!