Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

In my hotmail email account. My messages are moved to a POP

In my hotmail email account. My messages are moved to a POP folder how can I stop this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. I need a bit more info before I can help you. What do you mean by your emails are moved to a pop folder? Is the folder just a secondary folder that you created called "PoP"? Is the folder and actual POP folder that forwards your emails to another account? Also, how do you get your mail? Do you log onto www.hotmail.com or do you have Windows LIve Mail on your comptuer and the emails come directly to that?

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I log on to my hotmail account several days can go by and my messages stay in my hotmail account all of a sudden they are moved to a folder I did not create.The folder says POP and it is under deleted messages on the side bar.I had 300 messages and they are all in the POP folder.
Hello my name isXXXXX is how you fix the issue. Somehow POP forwarding has been turned on in your account. Please use these steps to fix that.

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox
4. Click options in the top right > Now click on more options
5. Under managing you account click on the link called "POP and deleting downloaded messages"
6. There will be two different options. The first one is the one you want to have selected to turn off POP but you will have the second opiton seleted. Put a mark in the check box next the the first one that says

"Don't let another program delete messages from Hotmail. (If your other program is set to "delete messages from the server," we'll simply move them to a special POP folder. They won't be deleted.)"

7. Click on Save button

Now your emails will not longer be sent to the POP folder.

I also recommend that you change you password XXXXX your account. If you did not change the options to turn on POP that means someone else did and was in our account. Please change you password XXXXX these steps

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox
5. Click on "Account details (password, aliases, time zone)" under managing your account
6. Click on the little "change" button next to your current password.

NOTE: IF for some reason when you checked the first solution above and it was not the correct answer (meaning that the first options was already checked) then this is what you need to do.

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox
5. Under Customizing Hotmail click on "Rules for sorting new messages"
6 If you see any rules there, put a check mark in the box next to them all and choose delete.

Now reset you password XXXXX you have not already.

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did what you said.The first option was already checked.

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says I have no rules
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can not except your answer because you have not solved my problem
Ok, so those are the only two things that can cause emails to be put into a different folde in Hotmail. SO, someone must have accessed your account. Please use my steps to change you password. Also just to be safe I want you to check one other thing.

Please do the following

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox
5. CLick on Email Forwarding
6. Maek sure you emails are not getting forwarded any where

If they are remove the address. If they are not then you should be in the clear. You mail should no longer be moved to that folder. However please reset you password XXXXX these steps (if you have not done so already)

1. Log onto www.hotmail.com
2. Log inot your account
3. Go to your inbox

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience: Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.