Computer Expert
Computer Expert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  5+ Experience as Computer Professional
46188376

Kaspersky has blocked my facebook..how do I unblock it ....it

Customer Question

Kaspersky has blocked my facebook..how do I unblock it
....it just started..have the version Kaspersky Nternet Security 2009
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer Expert replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to JustAnswer

Did you do any update or renewed the license or it just started ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The blocking of facebook just started about an hour ago....I cant remember if I have it on auto update..but my version is the 2009 Internet Security
Click on start->run and type %temp% and you will get a dialog box

Delete all the files.Some files which will not be deleted.You can skip them.After deleting those files.Turn on your Kaspersky and Open facebook again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your answer did not solve the problem..I am still denied and I have the profile set to parent..i am frustrated tosay the least
Do not worry,Lets try something different now

In order to enable the URL scanning module, perform the following actions:

1. open the main application window
  2. on the right upper corner of the main application window, click Settings
  3. on the upper part of the Settings window, select Protection Center
  4. on the left part of the Settings window, select Web Anti-Virus
  5. on the right part of the Settings window in the Security level section, click on the Settings button
  6. on the Web Anti-Virus window go to the Safe Surf tab

Enter facebook.com and check if everything works now

Please check the following link for complete instructions with video

http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/settings/webav?print=true&qid=208284336

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea what you are talking about..i have vesion 2009 !!!!! I do not see what ur talking about nor do you tell me where to find this..are we talking on the windows settings , the kapersky settings..i do not understand ..u need to be more clear
You have to open your Kaspersky and go to settings page

Once you click on the link i gave you,it has complete instructions with pictures
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This DOES NOT WORK..I have the version from 2009..i do not have what the picture are showing
Can you open setting of kaspersky and do you see trusted center or safe tab ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have spent 5 hours on trying to get this to work...to no avail...and now another problem..it is reverting to the default setting now..that of child. I am overly frustrated and will now uninstall this product. To better serve the public..they need phone support with a live person...to help one walk through it. Lack of a contact phone number is poor customer service. I am a very unhappy consumer.
Can you please tell me if you see trusted zone in the settings of kaspersky
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I have repeatedly stated, the advice offered was for the product 2012..and I had version 2009. This has so frustrated me that I have uninstalled your product and will not recommend it to anyone. I have installed McAffee.....I had a slight issue when first installed..I was able to reach a real person, for free ... who helped me resolve it. This is what Kapersky needs. I am sorry , but I am not a satisfied consumer.
Great

But i repeatedly asked if you have trusted version in kaspersky settings
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was a legal copy of Kapersky that I purchased at Best Buy in 2009....I could not find what you asked ..that link was for version 2012, not 2009.
I printed out what you said to try and find/do what you wanted..but it didnt happen. As I said..I uninstalled the product, bought McAffee..and not happy my problem was not resolved.
ok