Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware

laptop samsung NP Q320 JS01FR : one beep after 2 or 3 ,even

Customer Question

laptop samsung NP Q320 JS01FR : one beep after 2 or 3 ' ,even closer when i manipulate it. DVD CD not working : swallow ok eject slow or manual . checked hard discs :ok . thank you Veronik
Category: Computer
Expert:  Santonu replied 4 years ago.

Please let me know the following:

1 How many memory(RAM) modules are presently installed in the system ?

2 Try to reset the system using these steps:

a) Disconnect battery and AC adapter (if connected)

b) If you have any devices connected to any USB ports, disconnect the same

c) Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and then release power button

d) Wait for 5 minutes

e) Reconnect battery and adapter

f Turn it back on

Let me know how many beeps sound you hear

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

intel core tm 2 duo /pentiumdualcore
celeron & memory DDR 2 SODIMM

,i had disconnected battery + AC adapter in the past ..did n't do it .
will try press & Hold 60 sec then release
will try your procedure again.......but had tried before ... let see one more time thankx
Expert:  Santonu replied 4 years ago.

After using the procedure, turn on the system and let me know exactly how many beeps you hear

Please also tell me if you see any blinking/flashing indicators after you turn on the system

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok tried unsuccessful still beeps :

beeps after 2' start , then 1beep +1beep then a gap then one +one ..then gap then 1 only ....not very easy to follow ....................

the cylinder sign blue flashing light ( 4th indicator )

Expert:  Santonu replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the details.

If you have two memory modules installed, then test the system with a single module at a time. Here are the step:

1 Turn off the system (press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds and the system should turn off)

2 Disconnect battery and ac adapter

3 At the back of the system, take out the memory access cover

4 Take out all memory modules. Be very carefull. There are two ejector clips in both sides of the memory slot. Release the ejector clips by gently pulling them out of the sides of the module. Gently pulling both clips at the same time will release the memory module.

5 Then install a single module in one of the memory slots

6 Reconnect battery and ac adapter, turn it back on

7 If you do not get any display, then disconnect battery and ac adapter again

8 Take out the memory module from its slot and install it in another slot

9 Reconnect battery and ac adapter, turn it back on

Repeat the same steps with another module

If you only have a single memory module installed, then you will need to get another memory modules and test

If it remain same after testing with two different memory modules, then next step will be to turn it off, take out battery and ac adapter

Take out all memory modules

Reconnect battery and ac adapter

Turn it back on and carefully listen for beep sound. If you still get the same beep sound then the problem can be with motherboard. In that case, you can try to disconnect all aditional hardware and then test the system (after installing a single memory module)

I could not locate a service manual for the system, but the following link will provide some pictures about disassembly procedure

You can try to disconnect all additional hardware like hard drive, CD/DVD drive, WiFi card etc, keep one memory module installed and turn on the system. If it remain same, then it will indicate a motherboard problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i see that now it is too delicate to try solve this alone .
i am not a pro . this gets much too complicated .
also what is supposed to happen when i try different modules is
if no more beep sound with one module only what do i do next ? i leave the other memory module out ??
.....? ...this gets confusing too complicated , i am not expert ...can't print a guide next to me ....
..+ the idea to disconnect all hardware. ..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
I am not ready to be a surgeon ...for my laptop . no other way for beeps ?? very sorry ...

Expert:  Santonu replied 4 years ago.
The beep sound you hear can be due to memory module. If you have the option to test with another memory module, try it once. If the problem is due to faulty memory module, replacing the memory should resolve the problem.
For this types of problem, we first try to reset the system which you did and it did not help. The next step will be to test memory modules one at a time. If you are not comfortable with replacing componenets, you will need to take the help of a local computer repair technician/shop.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i had done reset the system as i wrote before i was guided to do a few times . i need to take it doubt .very sorry & dissappointed its too much for me .. will have to take it to local shop .. how do i get my prepayement cancelled ?

whatever merry christmas
Expert:  Santonu replied 4 years ago.
For refund, you will need to use this link