boxfrederick
boxfrederick, Software/Computer Expert
Experience:  Expert in computer technical support/10 yrs exp, Software Engineer 4 yrs exp, Networking 6 yrs exp
43327059

I have a Roku 2 installed on my TV. I cannot get it to work.

Customer Question

I have a Roku 2 installed on my TV. I cannot get it to work. The remote will not work even though I put the batteries in properly.
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 years ago.

cvd4311 :

If your player isn’t connecting try the following:

- Restart your Roku player by unplugging the power connection at the back of the Roku player and plugging it back in.

- Wait a few minutes for it to completely reboot.

- From the Roku home screen, select settings > network > repeat guided setup.

- Once it scans for wireless networks, look for your wireless network name and select it to connect.

If you don’t see your wireless network, or if you see the "Not Shown" icon, or reconnecting did not resolve the issue, reset your Roku player to its factory settings:

- From the Roku home screen, select settings > reset your player > factory reset > yes.

Your Roku player will restart. Be sure to re-link your channels and accounts, including to your Roku account.

JACUSTOMER-9gvacruw- :

I cannot get anywhere. There was a box to type in a code for the TV. I don't have a code.

Expert:  boxfrederick replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you.

It seems your unit may be frozen, have you tried a hard reset by holding the button on the rear or bottom of the unit that says reset. The button will be in a small hole, you need to use a paperclip to depress it into the small hole, hold in the button for about 60 seconds for it to properly reset.

Did that make any difference. After the hard reset you should be able to start the setup process again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I bought Roku from QVC and the batteries were dead. Once I changed them, everything worked. I am going to file a complaint.