B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

my L755 does not show Toshiba boot screen anymore so cannot

my L755 does not show Toshiba boot screen anymore so cannot change boot options how can I get it back?
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Please boot the system up and hold down the ‘Esc’ key, then press F1 when you get the check system message. You are then in the BIOS Setup and you can make your changes and save and exit by pressing the ‘End’ key.

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Regards
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience: Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that did not work the windows boot option screen keeps coming up
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Did you make sure to hold down the Esc key first, then power on your system?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes did that the windows boot screen kept flashing by
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Now, please carry out a hard reset of your computer. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds .

Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), press the Power button; can you access the BIOS Setup screen now?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no that did not work
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Is there any specific reason as to why you need to access the BIOS/Boot screen?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
actually I got into the bios by holding down the F2 key at boot, I want to boot to the DVD to reformat drive
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
So, are you in the BIOS Setup now?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes in the bios
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Now, please use your arrow keys to move to the BOOT tab, then press ENTER. Set your first boot device to your CD/DVD drive (using the arrow keys), then save the changes and exit the BIOS. This should do it.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah tried that but it won't boot to the restore disc just goes into windows
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Then that might be an issue with the DVD - what's specified on top of it?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it's a restore dvd burned from the machine. I also just tried a Win 7 disc does the same thing goes right by it straight to windows
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Now, go back to the BIOS - what's set as the first and second boot devices now?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did already it shows the DVD as the 1st boot device, very strange it does'nt act like it even accesses the DVD drive but it does show up in windows once booted so I know the drive is good
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Hmm, that's odd indeed. Could you make a note of ALL of the exact listings listed in the Boot screen now, in order, and let me know?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well it seems I can access the F12 option screen to chose boot options so I think I'm good to go. I'm think the whole secret was to hold down the proper key before hitting power button
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Perfect; thank you!

Regards