Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

how do you adjust the volume on a toshiba laptop?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.

Wes :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Wes :

What is the model number of your laptop

Customer:

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am having trouble adjusting the volume on my toshiba laptop. i TURN THE little wheel at the front but I manage to get just a little volume.

Wes :

What is the model number of your Toshiba Laptop

Customer:

U405D

Wes :

Have you tried increasing the volume through windows (you should have a small speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen). If you click on that you will find a slider you can use to increase the volume

Customer:

I've tried it with a movie on netflix but it doesn't work.

Wes :

Look along the top line of keys on your keyboard, do you see any icons on the keys that look like a speaker?

Customer:

I'll look.

Wes :

And what version of windows are you using?

Customer:

I tried what looked like a speaker but, after pushing it, it didn't help.

Wes :

You have to hold down the Fn key at the bottom left corner of the keyboard and then hit the key

Customer:

Okay, i'll try it. I tried it and it didn't help.

Wes :

Also try right-clicking on the speaker on the bottom right and hit Open Volume Mixer

Wes :

What version of windows are you using?

Customer:

vista

Wes :

On the volume mixer screen, where are the sliders?

Customer:

I don't know where the volume mixer screen is.

Wes :

Do you see a small speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the screen?

Wes :

It should look something like this:

Full Size Image

Customer:

that seemed to help a little. thanks

Wes :

Right click on that and you should see an option to open volume mixer

Wes, Consultant
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.