John MBA
John MBA, Engineer
Experience:  Working as a software engineer for more than 4 years
19190971

How to restore inbox emails from outlook 2010 that were deleted

Customer Question

How to restore inbox emails from outlook 2010 that were deleted from the deleted file
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike6708 replied 5 years ago.

Mike6708 :

In the folder from which the item was deleted, or in the Deleted Items folder, on the Folder tab, in the Clean Up group, click Recover Deleted Items. An Exchange account is required for this command to appear

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, This will not work. On the folder tab, the "recover deleted items" is grayed out.
I am using only exchange as a stand-alone. There is no server.

I accidentally deleted my Inbox, thinking it was my "deleted items" box. I need to recover it. Can you help?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.

I am John and I will try to help you.

Which mail service are you using inside Outlook ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am using pop/smtp
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.
Okay. What is the settings POP and SMTP so can know the email service name.Ex: Gmail, yahoo mail, Hotmail etc.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Settings linked to mail.comcast.net and smtp.comcast.net. Comcast is the Internet provider.
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.
Okay, So you are using Comcast email.

Try logging into the mail from the below link from a browser.

https://login.comcast.net/login?s=smart-acct&continue=https%3A%2F%2Flogin.comcast.net%2Faccount

If you are able to view all the mails there, your inbox is safe.

Now to solve the issue in Outlook, all we need to do is removing the old account and adding the same accont back into the Outlook.

After removing the account, here is how we can add it back.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=da0d7186-6e93-4092-95fb-a66442a2f1de
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand the process as you describe it. However, the comcast account goes back only 30 days, and I need the emails in my inbox prior to that, so the restoration needs to come from the pst file on my computer.
There is 3rd party software that will do that, but I would like to retrieve the inbox myself. That is why I'm using justanswer.
Please advise how to recover the deleted items from my inbox.
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.
Microsoft Outlook -> Tools -> Recover Deleted Items...: If you want to recover a folder then simply select the corresponding mailbox and select 'Recover Deleted Items...', which will enable you select and recover the Shift + Deleted folders of that mailbox. If you want to recover emails then simply select the corresponding folder and do the same. It will show you all the emails of that folder available for you to be recovered.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That does not appear to work. When I go to the tab that says "recover deleted items" it is grayed out and non-functional. How do I make it functional. Remember, I am not connected to and Exchange Server.
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.
Please try the method in the below link to enable it.

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-recover-deleted-emails/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately that did not work. In looking over the answer in the URL, it requires interaction with a related exchange server. My outlook client is a stand-alone. There is no Exchange server.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That did not work. No errors in PST file. Deleted items not restored.
Expert:  John MBA replied 5 years ago.
I will opt out and assign another expert as I am running out of ideas.