Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I have a Windows Vista operating system and a couple of days

I have a Windows Vista operating system and a couple of days ago I was prompted by Itunes to update. Since then I get a pop-up every time I start my computer that says: "DVDACCSS could not be opened. The system cannot find the file specified." If I go into my "C" drive (C:Program file (X86)/Apple [email protected] URL REMOVED), I see this was installed on the date that I updated Itunes.

If I go to Control Panel/Programs and Features, I cannot delete the file. I have done a little bit of searching on the internet to see if this is a 'problem' file (virus/malaware) bit all I see is a lot of people complaing about the same issue as I have. Can you help me with this issue or point me in a direction where I can get an answer.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

I assume the DVDACCESS program is listed in the Control Panel itself? If so, what happens when you try to uninstall it?

Okay. Now, please download the Revo Uninstaller Utility using the following link:

Done that, run and use the utility to look for and uninstall any reference to the DVDAcess program accordingly. Make sure to right-click on the entry, and click the 'Uninstall' option to remove it, as well as use the Scan button to scan for, select and remove ALL traces of the registry entries left, listed in the process.

Restart thereafter; this should stop the error message from coming up.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I downloaded the file, ran the scan (which took a long time), deleted the files after the scan, and rebooted my computer. When the computer restarted I still got the pop-up. I went to Programs and Features and the DVDACCSS program was gone. I went to the "C:" drive and the files were still there but when I deleted them - they did delete.

However, I then had all kinds of trouble with 'Outlook' and my mail. Also my IE was very very slow and didn't work for most of the time. After two hours of setting my mail accounts agin and rebooting twice more the speed came back to the internet and my mail also seems to be working OK. On the last 2 reboots, the pop-up DID NOT come back. So, you helped me solve the problemeven if it wasn't as straight forward as it seemed. Thanks

I see; but you ran a scan? Which program did you download?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay; and did you make sure to remove only the DVDAccess program, and no other?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I only highlighted DVDACCSS before running the scan and then I only checked off the DVDAccss for the scan result. That uninstaller program uninstalls the registry files only I guess. The files in Prgram Files (x86) and Program Files have to be deleted manually.
I see, all right. Thanks for clarifying things!