B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

where do i find configuration button

where do i find configuration button
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Which configuration button are you referring to? Is it for a specific program?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i want to add my lap computer to my main computer for the internet
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
I see. Do you have a wireless router available?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay; if you want to connect the laptop to your wireless network, you just have to click on the network connection icon in your system tray (at the bottom-right coner), then select your network from the list of available networks, and click Connect.

Have you forgotten the password XXXXX your wireless network?

Regards
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience: Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did that and it said i had to click on confirmastion button
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Did you click on 'Connect'?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i did but it said i had to click on configururation button first

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Please make an EXACT note of what it states, and let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
"click on configuration button first before continuing"
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay. On the same window, at the bottom, you will find an option ”I don’t want to configure, I want to enter the key manually“ OR ”I don’t want to configure, I want to connect “. Click on this option. On the next window, it will ask you for a wireless network key or password. If your network is secured, then you will need to enter the wireless network key. If you don’t know the network key, please let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay i don't hve any more time
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
This should take a few more minutes, or we may continue later on, at your convenience. Let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi this is Nancy again and I still need to know where the configuration button is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it has ben 25 minutes!!

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Hi, do you still need help with this issue?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i don't know the network key
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay; what's the make of your router?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all of your answer did not come up but what I saw was make of computer I think.....

COMPAQ

Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
No, the make of your wireless router, please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
sorry ACTIONTEC
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay; if you have forgotten the password for your router, you may reset it back to factory defaults - which will erase the password. In order to do so, begin with the power light (of the router) solid green. Then using a small tool, press and hold the Reset button in for 10 seconds, then release the button. It will take 30 to 40 seconds for the Actiontec to restart.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will not be back for help....thank uou anyway sorry I NED MORE TIME...
Expert:  B. Rath replied 3 years ago.
Okay; please take your time.