Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience

cursor wont move on laptop

cursor won't move on laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.

sandy :

Hello My Friend, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am a Microsoft- Certified Technician and will assist you today.

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

the problem is on my daughters laptop. The cursor will not move.

Customer:

Are you there?

Customer:

She has Windows Vista

Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
A. Please try to connet an external mouse (if you have that) and check the cursor moves.

B. Please tell me about the make and model for the laptop.

C. Since how long are you facing this? Did you make some changes to the computer?
Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
Please answer the following:

Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
Please hold down the Fn key and then hit the F8 together.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have an external mouse. She has a Satellite L305 S5955, Intel Celeron processor 900 (2.2 GHZ0) 15.4 TruBrite vdisplay, 2GBemory, 160GB HDD. My grandson was playing on her laptop and I guess he changed something

Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
Please hold down the Fn key and then hit F9(you will find this on the top line of the laptop keyboad.)

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happens

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where is the Fn key
Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
at the botton left hand side.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing happens
Expert:  Sandy replied 2 years ago.
1. Press the power button until the laptop shuts off.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Without using the AC adapter, press the power button nonstop for 30 seconds.
4. Replace the battery. It will probably take a minute before you can do the next step.
5. When "Restart Windows Normally" appears highlighted, press Enter.
6. Press FN and F9 at the same time until little pictures of mice appear on rhe screen. One should look like a normal mouse. The other should be a mouse with a "stop sign" through it. One picture will be bigger than the other. If the normal mouse is bigger, it should say "enable" under it. If that's the case, let go of the FN and F9 keys and hit Enter. This should enable the mouse/touchpad. If the larger picture is of the mouse with the "X" through it, it will say "disable" under it. If that's the case, then press FN and F9 again so the picture of the normal mouse saying "enable" is larger, and then press Enter.
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Experience: Bachelor in Technology, 7+ years of experience