sbodnar12
sbodnar12, Computer Support
Experience:  Windows XP/Vista/ 7,Email, Active Directory
5344181

How to fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800CCC0E?

Customer Question

How do I fix Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800CCC0E again? I did a system restore. I also uninstalled my anti-virus and disabled windows firewall but I still get the same error message?

Category: Computer
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 5 years ago.

This issue is usually caused by a message stuck in your Outbox. To resolve this, delete all of the contents of your Outbox Folder before sending another message. Please reconfigure your account in Windows Live Mail to refresh the connection to our server, check out the links below on how to do this: Remove account from WLM

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=ac249497-7b7f-437e-a550-5ea6eecfd112

Configure a Windows Live Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=47ff78a2-56b4-4e72-a9bf-0024217aeac6

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is sending me to an error page?
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 5 years ago.
Not sure why I cant get to those now, I was able to. Can you test a message now and see if it works. also here is a link that may help you http://windowslivehelp.com/
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unable to send or receive messages for the Philen account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'mail.mylifemyafrica.org'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

and then i went to the livehelp page, but am not sure where i am supposed to go from there?
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 5 years ago.

You are using Firefox and not outlook correct?

Walk through this

• Open the Windows Live Mail application.

• Click "Add Email Account" from the left-hand menu bar. If the option is not available, click the menu icon in the top right side of the window and select "Show Menu Bar." After the menu bar has appeared, click "Tools" and "Accounts." Your Live Mail accounts will be listed here. Select the button labeled "Add" and select an email account.

• Type in the email address for your Charter account. If you would like Windows Live Mail to remember your password, you can type in your password ***** well, but this is not necessary. Type in your name or user name. Check the box that reads "Manually configure server settings for this account."

• Ensure that the incoming mail server is set as POP3. This is the email technology that Charter uses to provide services to email clients. Enter "pop.charter.net" into the incoming server box and ensure that the port is set to 100. Also ensure that both of the boxes labeled "This server requires SSL" are unchecked.

• Type in your login ID. The login ID is equal to your Charter user name, which should be everything before the "@" sign in your Charter email address. For example, if your Charter address is***@******.***, then the login ID should be pepper. Ensure that the "Log on using" dialogue is set equal to "Clear text authentication."

• Set the outgoing server to SMTP.charter.net. Make sure that the port number is ***** to 25 and that the check box next to "My outgoing server requires authentication" is unchecked. Click "Next" and then "Finish."

For you ISP you need to change that pop.charter.net to whatever your settings should be

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry, what's my Charter account?
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 5 years ago.

You wouldn't out charter, sorry that was an example, you would your email account information whatever company you are currently using.

Has this helped you out?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no. same problem

Unable to send or receive messages for the Philen2 account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'mail.mylifemyafrica.org'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 100
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like it is on your ISP email provider side, you may have to contact them