Computer-Web-Justin
Computer-Web-Justin, Consultant
Experience:  I have a computer and internet Consulting Company
60046762

MSN has taken over my browser from Google Chrome - how do I

Customer Question

MSN has taken over my browser from Google Chrome - how do I get google chrome back
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is Frederick. I look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

What do you mean by 'taken over'? Has the home page (start-up page) changed?

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the start up page has changed. I need google chrome to work from home and I don't know how to get it back
Are you in Google Chrome right now?

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think so. I opened my icon for google chrome, but msn comes up as the home page.
Please go here and tell me what your web browser is --> http://www.supportdetails.com/

If it says Google Chrome, go ahead and click the Wrench icon in the top right, then select Options

For Home Page, click "Use the New Tab page" then close that tab and Chrome will be back to normal; thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not working I go on wrench - select options then use the new tab- but Google Chrome does not appear
Hi - you are using Google Chrome currently if you see the wrench in the upper-right. Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had to go off line for awhile. I need the toolbar on the top of my Google Chrome page that says web - ...- more - documents

Without this I cannot look at my documents
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I do not understand what he is trying to tell me.
Hi - Google Chrome doesn't offer any toolbars, so it sounds like you're talking about a different program.

Can you please tell me if you're able to access your documents by going to Start menu --> Documents ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. The company I am working for has two documents on Google Chrome Vendor List and Master Tracker. I open Google Chrome and select documents and I can access these.
Expert:  Computer-Web-Justin replied 2 years ago.
I will try to answer your question. It seems a bit confusing but I may have an idea.

I just want to be clear about a couple of things.

Google chrome is software that is a web browser just like fire fox, internet explorer , safari or more.

It sound like you generally open up google chrome and then go to a web site that has the documents. Or, you login to your gmail or google account and access the documents there.

Chrome has no tool bars per say but it does have extensions to add on. Perhaps you are missing the extension when you go to the website where the documents are located.

I have read your past conversation with the other expert. After reading this please up date me with any new info or thoughts that you have.