Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

keyboard makes a clicking sound and will not type fast< backspace

Customer Question

keyboard makes a clicking sound and will not type fast< backspace doesn't want to work. and canonot (this is what I am talking about) get my separate keyboard to work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. So you went out and purchased a new keyboard, however you still hear a clicking sound? Does the clicking sound come from the computer speakers? Also when did this all start to happen?

Regards

Hans E Uebelhoer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
days ago after cat walked on keyboard.
Please do the following to fix this issue. What has happened here is that when your cat walked on your keyboard they turn on what is called (Sticky Keys). This is what is causing that beeping and making things not work like they should. The good news in once you fix this you can return the new keyboard you just bought because there was nothing wrong with the old one. Plese follow my steps below.

1. Please press both of the SHIFT keys on your keyboard at the same time. So Hold down the left shift key (its right under caps lock) and then press the right shift key (its right under the enter key)

Thats it problem solved, you can return the new keyboard you just bought (unless you like it and want to keep it) If it does not work the first time key trying it will work.

Regards

Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience: Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it is not working. stil clicking, can't type double leters or backspace
Click Start → Control Panel → Ease of Access → Change how your keyboard works.
Locate the “Make it easier to type” heading.
Remove the check mark from the box next to “Turn on Sticky Keys”.
Click Apply

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have as box like that and I chedcked various parts in the control panel. My area you suggested only talks about if i was blind, can't se or use hands. I have had computer do a clean up

Ok do this instead

Click on start > then there is a small box at the bottom that you can type in start typing and type in "ease of Access center" you will then see if come up on the screen > click on it.

Next you will have a whole screen of menus now click on "Make my keyboard easier to use"

Next go down the list and uncheck the box that says "turn on sticky keys"

Click apply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, think now it is working. but.... I now have a little voice talking to me all the time - is she the narrator? will try and see where she is

Ok, you can turn that off that voice by doing this .

Then click on "Make my computer easier to use"

Then uncheck the box that says "Turn on narrator" and also if the box called "Turn on audio description" is checked un check that also.

I am happy that we got this resolved have a nice night. You should now be able to use your old keyboard and return the new one.