Baisil
Baisil, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering
33546542

How do I install Microsoft XPS Document printer with Windows 7? Keep g

Customer Question

How do I install Microsoft XPS Document printer with Windows 7? Keep getting error message 0x000003eb. All fixes online are for Vista and XP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
You can create a new one. To do so

Go under devices and printers => click on add printer
Choose add a local printer
Use an existing port => choose XPS Port (local)
click next
In the manufacturer list, choose microsoft
On the right side, choose the latest version of the XPS document writer
click next
choose the driver currently installed
next and finish

See if the new xps printer works
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If it was that easy I would have successfully done it myself. Your solution doesn't work with Windows 7, get error message. On the phone now with Microsoft paying them to fix it. I cannot accept your answer or pay for it, sorry.
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already replied and told you that your answer was unacceptable to me. I was easily able myself to go into the system and try to add a printer, pick Microsoft and the XPS Document Writer. That did not work and so I asked for help. You told me to do what I had already tried which was the standard and simple, obvious route. It failed again as expected. I ended up having to call Microsoft and spend almost $60 with them to get it fixed. Therefore, I reject your answer and will not pay you.
Expert:  Danh replied 5 years ago.
I am referring you to customer service.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK. I am hoping you are reasonable and will accept my answer.
Expert:  Baisil replied 5 years ago.
HI welcome to just I amCustomer, I am here to help you, Try this,If this not working please inform me I will suggest another way. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Add a printer. Click on Add a local printer. As you step through the wizard, you'll come to the Install the printer driver screen. Under Manufacturer, scroll down and select Microsoft. Then you'll see the option to add the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not interested in any more answers, have already applied for a refund. The solution you suggested was tried before I contacted your service and did not work.