PCDrMiller, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Specialist, Windows Systems Administrator
A new question is answered every 9 seconds comes up everytime I open my internet explorer and

Resolved Question: comes up everytime I open my internet explorer and I don't know why. I don't know how to get my regular internet explorer back on and be able to access my favorites again. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  PCDrMiller replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like you need to change your homepage back to what you want it to be. To change your homepage, you click on tools -> internet options after you open internet explorer. On the general tab there is a homepage section where you type in the address for the website you want to come up when you open the browser. You can click use default and it should set it back to the default page which is MSN, or you can type in what you want, like,,, etc.

If you do not see tools on the menu bar, on newer versions of IE the tools menu has been replaced by a GEAR icon on the top right.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I find what I had before the toolbar took over? How long does it take to get an answer?

Sorry, do you know what page you are used to visiting?

Try changing the homepage to and see if that looks familiar, as that is the default.
Customer: replied 4 years ago. is not the correct homepage. I know that I was able to access my task bar and my favorites (I can no longer do this). Do you know how I can find my favorites again. I am unable to find my checking account to pay bills.

Right click on the blue blank area at the top of internet explorer. You should see options such as menu bar, favorites bar, command bar, status bar..etc.

If there is not a checkbox next to menu bar and favorites bar, click on those choices to turn the menu bar and favorites bar on. Then you should have favorites available at the top of the screen. Does that help?