David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I have forgotten my password XXXXX sage line 50 and cannot open

Customer Question

I have forgotten my password XXXXX sage line 50 and cannot open it. can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  David L replied 3 years ago.

My name is David.

First, if the login is for a support plan and you have not yet activated your email, check your email inbox for the activation email sent from Sage and then follow the instructions to activate the email and account and then you will be able to login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been using SAGE on my laptop for 4 years and have never been prompted for a password XXXXX i had to do a windows repair / restore as my laptop wouldn't start up and now SAGE asks me for a password? i do not have a support agreement with SAGE,

Expert:  David L replied 3 years ago.
Ok understood. They do require a user ID and password XXXXX it sounds like when you initially signed up your web browser (Internet Explorer) was configured to automatically login for you (this is a common setting). After you run a repair/restore the automatic login information was lost so now it is asking for your user ID and password.

To resolve the issue, click the "Forgotten your password?" link below the login area and then provide the information requested while following the prompts and you will receive an email from Sage to reset your password XXXXX that you can login.

Then when you login Internet Explorer should ask you if you want to save the password, answer Yes and then you will not have to login again when you access the Sage web site.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no prompt for "forgotten your password". I have tried everything!!!! For SAGE Line 50 you don't log on to internet as with SAGE ONE. I would think that it is a logon password which was entered by the guy who installed the software. He no longer remembers anything. I was hoping that you might know to overide it on my laptop?

Expert:  David L replied 3 years ago.
The only way is to reset the password for your Sage account. Please click the link below:

click here

and then click the "Log In" link at the top of the page.

In the window that appears click the "Create another password" link.

Then enter your email address used originally with Sage and new passwords and click the "Update Password" button.

Then check your email for an activation email from Sage. Then follow the instructions in the email to activate your email again and then you will be able to login.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately your answers did not help me solve my problem but I appreciate your efforts. My problem seems to be with my hardware and your advice didnt help!
Expert:  David L replied 3 years ago.
Ok then I will open up the question to other experts that can assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no need thanks. I have already loaded my SAGE on to another computer as I had an acoounts deadline!