Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

have a problem w/my computer, silverlight plugin keeps crashing,

have a problem w/my computer, silverlight plugin keeps crashing, no matter if im on explorer or chrome, will hardly get through anything on netflix, computer is also running slow w/ long start times and shutdownmicrosoft website had a instant fix button for what looked like most of these symptoms (except for silverlight) but were not available for my OS, which is windows xp media just want to watch movies without the hassle any suggestions? I am not that computer savvy.
Category: Computer
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

With this suggestion, you will think I'm nuts.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

But the first thing I'll ask you to check is to make sure the tablet service is running.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Don't try to make sense of that, because it's not logical at all, but it can cause this problem.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

click start>run

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

type services.msc and press enter

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Look for the service called Pen Tablet

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Right click and set it to automatic and then click start

Customer:

there is no service there under that name

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Please go to each of the following pages in IE and let me know the result.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Silverlight

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

If you still have a problem, please go to this page to uninstall

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Uninstall Silverlight

Customer:

you want me to just type it in the browser?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

click on it

Customer:

ive got chrome open now

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

copy the url

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

and then you can go to it in IE

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

And finally, here is the link to silverlight 5 beta

Customer:

ok it goes to the microsoft silverlight page ive been here before,when i had it search my comp. to see if I had the latset version installed it said i had 4.0 and it was ready to use, should I uninstall and try to install again? or skip to 5 beta?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You can try the version 5 beta right away and if it does fail, you can do the uninstall and install it again.

Customer:

would that be silverlight 5 rc runtime for windows? save?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

yes, the runtime

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Any luck

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

?

Customer:

sorry, it takes explorer 10 mins to do anything thats why ive been using chrome, it seems to be working though, it keeps freezing and stalling and i'm having to reload the page when i switch to talk to you

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I understand

Customer:

seems to have solved the netflix problem though, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to the 30 day trial, so i'll try to fix the rest when i have more time . thanks again

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Please remember to click accept.

Experience: 20 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt