sbodnar12, Computer Support
Experience:  Windows XP/Vista/ 7,Email, Active Directory

I cannot get my Sony S tablet to turn on It ran low on battery

Customer Question

I cannot get my Sony S tablet to turn on
It ran low on battery and the message came on to connect to the charger.
I plugged it in and the screen went black. I unplugged it and the screen came back on.
I turned off the tablet, then plugged it back in. Left it overnight and tried to turn it on again and it will not turn on. The front login screen showed a couple of times, but when I went to pull the circle to the right to unlock the tablet, nothing happens. So, I turned it off and left it plugged in again another night.
BotXXXXX XXXXXne, I cannot get it to turn on. What is the procedure to get it back on?
Category: Computer
Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answers, my name is Sherry you can try powering it off and removing the battery, wait a few minutes replace the battery again, sounds like your battery could be going bad, also make sure you have a light lite on the charger.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No way to take out the battery that I can tell.

So I spoke with my daughter and she said maybe the plug wasn't in the outlet right. We checked to see if the green light was on on the charging box and it is now. So, the screen shows up again and I believe it probably just needs to be charged overnight. Maybe I didn't have the plug in correctly...don't know.

Expert:  sbodnar12 replied 4 years ago.
Has your issue been resolved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter reset the tablet by pushing in the reset button with a pin.

That did the trick.

Sorry your suggestion did not help me...never did see a battery.