Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

Is there a "reset-button" on my emachine desktop?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

S H E F I N :

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is Shefin and I will be happy to assist you.

S H E F I N :

Please let me know when you are ready.

S H E F I N :

Are you there/

Customer :

Yes, will this get my desk top back in working order?

S H E F I N :

Are you trying to reset the computer to factory settings?

S H E F I N :

It remove all the data in your computer and restore it to factory settings. Is that fine for you?

Customer :

Yes, I guess but I don't know where the "reset is located

Customer :

"

S H E F I N :

There is no reset button.

S H E F I N :

However, please restart the computer and press Alt and F10 keys together as soon as the computer restarts.

Customer :

Great, so what do I do to get it working properly?

S H E F I N :

Are you chatting from the same computer?

S H E F I N :

Restart the computer and press Alt and F10 keys together as soon as the computer restarts.

S H E F I N :

Then, select restore to factory settings.

S H E F I N :

Follow the on screen instructions.

Customer :

No, I'm using my laptop. So I turned off the desktop & when I turned it back on, the monitor is not lighting-up.

Customer :

This not working for me , just cancel my order!

S H E F I N :

Please wait a minute.

S H E F I N :

Do you get any display?

Customer :

No!

S H E F I N :

Do you have a different monitor to check with?

Customer :

Please Cancel my order!

S H E F I N :

You may apply for a refund from the link given below.

S H E F I N :

If you do not get a display, you have to check the monitor first.

S H E F I N :

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Customer :

No, it still doesn't work!

Customer :

Please, just cancel my request! thanks.

S H E F I N :

S H E F I N :

Thank you for your time.

S H E F I N :

Bye.