Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.

The problem is the screen jumps up and down when in the in

The problem is the screen jumps up and down when in the internet.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 2 years ago.

Ryan H :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you today. Can you describe the problem that you are having?

Customer:

The big problem is the screen in full jumps up and down sometimes is difficult to write or reed because the screen scape u or down.

Ryan H :

Ok thanks. Does the whole screen jump up and down or only the contents inside of the window (text, pictures etc)?

Customer:

the whole screen with the contents of the window everything text, pictures etc as you wrote. Is as only one block.

Ryan H :

Ok and when does this start?

Customer:

I already wrote you, you see it seems that I lost part of what we were chating. The screen went back to agree one of the conditions that I had to check I mean the screen.

Ryan H :

Ok, does this happen when you use other programs or just when you use the internet?

Customer:

sorry jack I realize I didnt say hello to you, I am so upset. This happens when using internet.

Ryan H :

Ok, does this happen when you type or does it happen when you sit back from the computer with your hands away from the keyboard?

Customer:

just when reading with my hands away the keyboard, in this moment when writing I lost or you lost to receive what I was answering- writing before.

Customer:

The moving of the screen happens only when using internet, I dont use another program. Which one could be another program please?

Ryan H :

Ok is that a desktop computer or a laptop?

Customer:

Desktop

Ryan H :

Thank you. I'm not sure if you are experiencing a hardware or a software problem. Do you have another monitor (screen) we could plug into the computer?

Customer:

Sorry no.

Customer:

For your information in these moments the screen where we chat is stable it doesnt move.

Ryan H :

Thanks. Does this happen only for a few seconds or for minutes?

Customer:

For minutes lately after we start chatting.

Ryan H :

And is there anything you can do to stop it, or do you just wait until it is done moving?

Customer:

Only thing can do is to move the mouse from one side to other sometimes works or it seems to me it works, in this moment for example after several minutes screen didnt move now is moving.

Customer:

When say move the mouse I mean horizontally.

Ryan H :

From what it sounds like to me, is that you might have a hardware problem with the actual monitor. If the whole screen moves, then that is what it generally indicates. You might want to check the connections going into the monitor and the other side of the cable going into the computer. Also, you may need to find another monitor to test the computer. If another monitor has the same problem then it is a problem with the actual computer/software. If another monitor does not do the same thing, then most likely the original monitor is bad.

Customer:

That is what it sounds to you, it means that you cant do anything from where you are?

Ryan H :

Correct. Without another monitor to plug in, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether it is a hardware or software problem and that is basically the "fork in the road" which determines which path you need to take to fix it.

Customer:

Believe me I really thought that you could enter in my computer and could fix it. That is why I get in touch with you as a service.

Ryan H :

Hold on just a moment, let me see if I can remote in. Can you hold?

Customer:

Yes of course.

Ryan H :

Thank you.

Ryan H :

Ok, we can go ahead and try to remote into your computer and see if we can see whats going on.

Customer:

Please go ahead.

Ryan H :

Ok I am connected

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX go on,

Ryan H :

Alright, still with me?

Customer:

yes I am following you

Ryan H :

So the malware scanner should be running the background.

Ryan H :

Could you click on the Firefox window on the bottom of your screen and browse around for a few minutes and see if you get the same problem?

Customer:

don't know if this what will tell you is important, some days ago Mcafee was trying to make me start it in the computer, I took it out.

Ryan H :

That's okay. Thanks for the info.

Customer:

another thing I don't know why Norton was not completely workng- I don't find the word, whenever I check Norton said it was in big danger with viruses, i realize the computer day was showing some day from 2013. Is it important?

Ryan H :

I'm not sure. Let me know when Malwarebytes finishes scanning. You can click the Firefox window at the bottom of your screen and browse the internet and let me know if the problem happens with Firefox.

Customer:

as far I worked with firefox it was perfect it didnt move

Ryan H :

That might mean that Internet Explorer is causing the problem. You will need to use Firefox more to be sure though.

Customer:

now it started to move a little just a little

Customer:

is it ok if I have Norton and Firefox togethe at the same time?

Ryan H :

Norton is an anti-virus program, and Firefox is an internet browser just like Internet Explorer. They are all compatible with each other.

Ryan H :

Can you check the malware program and see if it is finished scanning?

Customer:

ok I am relieve

Customer:

yes it finished

Ryan H :

Ok did it find anything?

Customer:

yes 2 objects infected

Ryan H :

Ok go ahead and remove/quarintine them.

Customer:

sorry it seems that is still running

Ryan H :

Ok, no problem. Please open Firefox and browse around for a few minutes and see if the problem keeps happening or if its better

Customer:

it requests to remove the two infested problems

Ryan H :

Go ahead

Customer:

I want to be sure we are talking of Malwarebytes isn it

Ryan H :

Yes, malwarebytes.

Customer:

says it needs to be restarted

Customer:

can it be done later? after we finish chatting?

Ryan H :

Yes that is fine.

Ryan H :

So you are saying that when using Firefox, the same problems happen?

Customer:

you want me to try again with Firefox?

Ryan H :

Yes, for a few minutes, browse your normal sites that you usually do and see if the experience is any better.

Customer:

did not realize and closed Firefox, while working with it it moved again not as much as before bu it move

Customer:

right now is moving again slightly though

Ryan H :

Strange. Looks like you are going to need to take this to repair shop or have someone come out. When remoting in, I couldn't see the problem. So there is not much I can do. You need to get a professional in front of the computer (in person) to see the problem, and once that happens it will probably be a quick fix. I wish I could help more, but given the information and seeing your screen is not enough unfortunately.

Customer:

I understand, could by any chance print this chat to show it to my husband?

Ryan H :

Yes, definitely. You can press CTRL + P, or File > Print to print the contents. If that doesn't work, you can manually drag your curser over all of our chat and then copy and paste that into a text document to print out.

Customer:

my husband is at work wright now

Customer:

I will try can you wait?

Ryan H :

Yes, of course.

Customer:

I try to print it, Ryan it is very defficult, starts to move again and prints only first part of this chat

Ryan H :

I can switch this page to a Question / Answer page instead of chat once we are done, then it will allow you to print the whole conversation.

Ryan H :

Do you have any other questions for me before I switch the page to a printable view?

Customer:

thank you Ryan have no more questions, right now it is moving like crazy

Ryan H :

Ok, your very welcome. This is what will happen next: I will change the page format, so you can print it. You can still send messages to me but it will be slower than chat. Once you have printed it, you can press the green Accept button and the conversation will end. You have a great day and best of luck to you.

Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 2 years ago.
Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist