Bernie, Computer Specialist
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified

I cannot not scroll down to read my entire email or to type

Customer Question

I cannot not scroll down to read my entire email or to type a reply. The scroll bar either stops or disappears. What do I do
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

Are you going online, through Internet Explorer, to login to your email and view them, or do you use a program like Outlook to view your emails?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. This would seem to be an issue with your Internet Explorer. Sometimes it can get bogged down with temporarily files or get corrupted, and can cause sites not to display or work correctly. Here is how to fix that (your favorite sites will not be affected):

At the top of your screen right now, do you see a File menu (File Edit View Favorities Tools Help)? If not, press the ALT key on your keyboard and it should pop up.

Then, go ahead and click the Tools button > Pick Internet Options > Click the Advanced tab > Click the reset button > Press the reset button again > Click close, ok

Next, close all Internet Explorer pages (including this one) > Reopen Internet Explorer and see if it works now.

Let me know if that clears it up, if not, we will try some other steps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My tool button does not have an internet option
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Please see here:

Or are you using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I must be using Mozilla Firefox instead of explorer
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
No problem at all. Next to the tools button, click the Help button, then About Firefox, which version does it say there (7.01 for example).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Ok, so the latest one, good. Click the orange Firefox button (in the upper left) > Hover over Help > from the pop out menu pick Restart with Add-ons Disabled > Press restart > In the box that comes up, check all options except the remove your bookmarks option > Then click make changes and restart and see if Firefox still gives the same issues then.

If that doesn't work, as a test, so we can see if it is an issue with your Firefox browser, please click the Windows Start button > All programs > Internet Explorer.

Using Internet Explorer, go to your email online and see if you still get the same scroll and typing issues.

I will stand by, please let me know the results and we'll take further steps from there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That WORKS Thank You, Bernie
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
You're very welcome, glad I could assist : )

If you have an extra minute and haven't done so already, can you leave me positive feedback here:

I would appreciate it! Have a great day.