Jess
Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

WHY DOES MY COMPUTER KEEP GOING BACK TO THE DESKTOP WHEN IM

WHY DOES MY COMPUTER KEEP GOING BACK TO THE DESKTOP WHEN IM SURFING THE WEB
Hi, thank you for using JustAnswer.com. I am glad to assist you today.

1. Are you using Internet Explorer, the one with the small blue "e" icon, to access the web?
  2. Does the web browser close automatically with out any error message causing the desktop screen to appear?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1 yes i am.

2 yes and then when you click on the e icon again it asks if you want to restore the last session.

Anouther thing that I noticed when the problem started my Norton anti-virus keeps saying high memory usage from internet explorer.

Thank you for that information. We may need to undergo a series of procedures to troubleshoot the problem. Please bookmark this page so that you can get back to me easily. Click on Favorites => Add to Favorites.

This problem could be related to your Internet Explorer web browser. First, please RESET your IE Settings:

HOW TO RESET YOUR INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS
1. Exit all open programs
2. Launch Internet explorer
3. Click on Tools menu
4. Click on Internet Options
5. Click the Advanced tab
6. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset.
7. Then in the message that pops up, click Reset button again to confirm the action.
8. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
9. Start Internet Explorer again.

Another way to RESET the IE Settings is through Control Panel.

1. Click Start => Control Panel
2. Locate and click to open Internet Options (If you do not have the Internet Options listed, locate the "View by" selection and see if it is set to Category. Click on it then select SMALL ICONS.
3. When the Internet Options dialog box is shown, click on the ADVANCED tab
4. Look for the RESET button at the bottom part and then click on it.
5. Another window will pop out, click on RESET in that window.
6. Click on Apply
7. Click OK to close
8. Test Internet Explorer again

IMPORTANT: If the problem persists, please try to download, install and use Firefox as an alternative browser. Firefox is FREE. It is a better, safer and faster web browser. Please click on this link to download Firefox:

http://firefox.com

After downloading, install Firefox and use it to browse your sites online then see if the problem is gone.

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks it seems to be working correctly now. If it starts acting up i will get back with you. THANKS.
I am glad it worked. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Regards,
Jess