Omer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  MCSE Certified , Degree in CMIS Computer information Systems, 7 years of work in the IT Field

can I have 2 skype accounts on one computer and how can I chose

can I have 2 skype accounts on one computer and how can I chose which one to use?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Omer replied 4 years ago.

Omer :

Hi I am one of the experts here on Just

You are correct in that you can have more than one skype account.

Essentially what happens with skype is it automatically signs in with the last account that logged into when the program boots up it if that is what your settings are set it.

You could simply log out of the skype program and login with your second account to access that one.

Omer :

You will also notice if you have signed into skype with the different accounts on the same computer the drop down for the username section will show the multiple logins

Omer :

Once you sign out the screen where you can sign in there should be a setting under preferences to disable autosign in

Expert:  Omer replied 4 years ago.

Since you were offline I switched the question to Q&A format so it wouldn't time out

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that is just not true. When I click on the skype symbol it opens automatically the first account, never shows any other one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so what is happening now, low long shall i wait?????????
Expert:  Omer replied 4 years ago.
Hi I am sorry for the wait.

Once your system signs in
In the top tool bar click
Click Sign Out
On that screen you should see a check box that says automatically sign in when skype starts

UNCHECK this box

The username window has a pull down you need to have signed in with each account at least once for them to appear in the pull down window.