Jess, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer

My new sony vaio laptop takes a long time to start up how do

My new sony vaio laptop takes a long time to start up how do i fix this, my os is windows 7 32 bit.
Hi, thank you for using I am glad to assist you today.

Please do the following cleanup procedures to ensure that your system is safe, clean and optimized. The cleanup uses free tools that I personally use myself for over 5 years now with great results.

A. Cleanup with CCleaner

NOTE: If you are using a program named Roboform, please do not proceed with CCleaner cleanup. Roboform Data will be removed by CCleaner.

Please download the FREE version of CCleaner from this link:

Download FREE CCleaner Here or this link

After you download the free tool, install it and run the scans and tests. By default, it runs CLEANER to cleanup from all system mess which includes all unwanted files, temporary files, temporary internet files, orphaned files and more. Make sure that all this mess that the Cleaner program has detected is removed. This will free up some space in your hard drive while speeding up your system as well.

Next, run REGISTRY Cleaner and fix the found problems. Run this REGISTRY cleaner several times and fix the issues until no issues will be found.

In order to run the Registry cleanup mode, open CCleaner, then look at the left panel of the CCleaner window. Locate and click the Registry link there and that should give you the Registry cleanup mode. Then click on the Scan for issues button. When the scan reached 100%, click FIX issues to remove the errors from your system. Then click the Scan for issues again then FIX whenever issues are still found. When no issues are found, close CCleaner.

B. Cleanup with Malwarebytes Antimalware

Please download the FREE version of Malwarebyte from this link:

Download FREE Malwarebytes Antimalware Here

If the above link doesn't work, you can download it from the official site. Here is the link:

Just click the DOWNLOAD NOW button there and you will be redirected to the download page. There you can finally download the installation file for Malwarebytes Antimalware.

After you download it, please install. During the FIRST RUN, when you are prompted for a TRIAL, you can just DECLINE. Then let it UPDATE.

After the updates are installed, please perform a QUICK SCAN. Then REMOVE all malicious files found and restart your computer as part of the removal process.

After the cleanup and the final restart, please test if the computer system gains some speed. If the system is still very slow, please disable the startup items that load when Windows loads. To disable some programs at startup, please do the following:

1. Click on Start => RUN
  2. In the RUN box, type this command and click OK: msconfig
  3. You shall see then the System Configuration dialog window
  4. Click on the SERVICES tab
  5. Click to select the option "Hide Microsoft services"
  6. Then click DISABLE ALL button
  7. Then click the STARTUP tab
  8. Then click on DISABLE ALL button
  9. This should disable all listed startup programs at startup so all the checks there should disappear. However, please locate your Antivirus software there and click on it to restore the check mark.
  10. Then click APPLY
  11. Click OK to close the System Configuration window
  12. Restart your computer. Then test if the system is now gaining some speed

I hope that helped. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,