lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

installing microsoft bluetooth keyboard ask for pairing code

Customer Question

installing microsoft bluetooth keyboard ask for pairing code ?? not necessay should allow "automatic paring" Windows 7 have bluetooth have microsoft mouse which installs correctly
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,

Welcome to

Please visit the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-Bluetooth-enabled-devices

Download and run fixit.

Then restart system and see if the problem still persists with the keyboard.

Regards.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have run fixit - no fix - sometimes i get 2 options for creating code or entering code - third option is not availiable to pair without intering code ??? add device finds keyborads
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Some wireless devices come with their own pairing code

Check the information that came with your device. The pairing code might be listed there or printed on the device itself (often on the bottom).

What is the keyboard model ?

Also what happens when you create a pairing code for your keyboard ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Microsoft does not list a pairing code Mobile keyboard 6000 - when I try to generate a pairing code - flashes on screen for about 15 sec - but will not take input from keyboard
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Please refer to these steps again.

To run the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard for your keyboard (these steps do not apply to the mouse):
Click Start, click Control Panel (make sure you're in Classic View),
and then double-click Bluetooth Devices.
Click Add.
On the bottom of your wireless Bluetooth keyboard, press the Make/Break Connection button
for 5 seconds (to make the keyboard discoverable by Windows), and then release.

In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next
.
After the device names appear, click Microsoft Keyboard, and then click Next.

Important: When you are prompted to type a passkey, you must do so
and press ENTER within 30 seconds.

When the wizard asks you which passkey you want to use, click Choose a passkey for me.

Then click Next.

After you are prompted to enter your passkey, you must manually type the passkey on your Bluetooth keyboard,
and then press ENTER.

Do not use the keyboard number pad to enter the passkey.I repeat Do not use the keyboard number pad to enter the passkey

There will be no feedback on the screen as you type the passkey, although you can use the
BACKSPACE key to make corrections if necessary.
If you did not type the passkey within 30 seconds and the wizard timed out, you can try again by clicking
Back, and then Next.
Notes:
Follow the instructions in the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard. In the final page of the wizard, click Finish, and then click OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can find the device but either get an error 0x80070015 or a code is flashed on screen - but less than 15 seconds does not seem to take input from keyboard - way to short of time - when I have installed before a third option would appear to allow pairing with out code - any suggestions -- i have to go out an hour - can i get back to you later would like to resolve this before i just but another keyboard - Logitech wireless !! this is driving me nuts !!
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Hmm..Strange..the problem can be also with blue tooth driver.

You will probably have to update your Bluetooth drivers if you haven't done so already. Go to

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
from control panel have uninstalled and updated - tried to run above link error " this software cannot upgrade your software - dell computer have checked driver. ????
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Strange.

error code 0x80070015 means the device is not ready..

Have you tried pairing it with any other system(laptop)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
trying to upgrade all drivers and software on laptop - using Dell driver . broadcom would not work could not recognise hardware ??

will give it another shot tomorrow
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Ok..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
busy with work - got it going trick was to push and hold connect button on keyboard for about 10 seconds - this leaves it in paring mode untill you enter the code - I'm pissed at Microsoft this is not in the instructions and their knowledge base says pairing will occur without input like with a mouse

thanks for the replies -
Expert:  lifesaver replied 2 years ago.
Glad to know that you fixed the problem.

Good luck .