Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support
Experience:  MCSE, MCP

HOW DO I GET GOOGLE INTERNET ATHORITY OFF OF MY AOL

Category: Computer
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you.

Can you tell me where exactly you are seeing Google Internet Authority? Is it when you try to access the web or email?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IT IS ON FACEBOOK AND THAT IS MAKING MY COMPUTER NOT RESPOND IT IS AN ILLEGAL GOOGLE INTERNET ATHORITY WAS PUT I N 9/20/2011 AND I CANNOT GET IT OFF
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

OK can you check one thing for me?

1. Please right click the clock that is in the lower right hand corner of your screen and choose Adjust Date/Time.
  2. When the window opens up, please check both the time and the date. These values must be correct.

Is your date and time correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DATE AND TIME IS CORRECT
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.
OK the Google Internet Authority is usually a legitimate service that secures websites like Facebook. Can you tell me what error you are getting so we can try to fix it or determine if this is some sort of 'fake' software? Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GET BACK WITH ME SHORTLY I WILL SEE IF IT HAS A TIME ON IT
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PLEASE GO TO FACEBOOK THEN TO WHEEL OF FORTUNE GAME THEN THE SECURITY ALERT POPS UP; IT HAS2 GREEN CHEECK MARKS AND 1 YELLOW TRIANGLE WHICH SAYS IT IS INVALID AT BOTTOM IT HAS YES NO AND THEN VIEW CERTIRFICATE GO TO VIEW CERTIFICATE AND YOU WILL GET ALL THE INFORMATION PLEASE GET THIS OFF FOR ME

..

Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

OK that is valid and it's usually because the time and/or date on your computer are wrong, but we already checked that.

The Google Internet Authority is securing the Wheel of Fortune game and usually you don't even know it is there. The Google Internet Authority is not on your computer, it is on the Wheel of Fortune website. The reason you are seeing it is that there is some kind of miscommunication between your computer and the website.

Please tell me what is says next to the yellow triangle. There should be a sentence or two. That should tell us what we need to do to fix it. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IT SAYS IT IS AN INVALID CERTIFICATE
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

That's it? Hm usually it gives a little more info than that.

Can you do the following for me?

1. On your computer, open Internet Explorer by double clicking the blue E on your desktop.
  2. When it opens, click the word Help and then choose About Internet Explorer.
  3. What version of Internet Explorer does it say you are using? 6, 7, or 8?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
VERSION 8
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

OK let's try resetting it to the defaults and see if that gets rid of the error. Please do the following:

1. In Internet Explorer, click on Tools -> Internet Options.
  2. In the resulting window, click the Advanced tab.
  3. Click the RESET button near the bottom of the screen.
  4. Click RESET again on the confirmation page.
  5. Close Internet Explorer and then try to go to Wheel of Fortune again.

If if still gives you the error, please click the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=6149

this will take you to the page for the most recent certificate updates for Windows XP. Once there, click the Continue button and follow the directions to authenticate your Windows. Then click the orange Download button and choose to Run the file. The update will be installed. Then try Wheel of Fortune again.

Let me know if neither action fixes the problem. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IT DID THE 1ST STEPS BUT I GOT MIXED UP AFTER I WENT TO W.O.F. CAN YOU TAKE ME THROUGH THE NEXT STEPS OF INSTALLING MICROSOFT AND WINDOWS XP
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.
Certainly, but first can you tell me if the first steps corrected the issue or did the message still pop up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE MESSAGE STILL POPS UP
Expert:  Erik B. replied 2 years ago.

OK please click this link:

You will taken to page where you can download the latest security certificates from Microsoft. Click the Continue button and on the resulting page follow the instructions to validate Windows.

Once Windows is validated you will be taken to another page with a download button. Click the download button and choose to Open or Run the file. Let it download and then click Run or Open again. Follow the short wizard and when it completes please try WOF again. Thanks!

Erik B., Computer Support
Experience: MCSE, MCP