Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

Does anyone how to forward or copy the whole folder of email

Does anyone how to forward or copy the whole folder of email from yahoo mail? Not do it one by one?
Category: Computer
Expert:  namstech replied 2 years ago.

NA-eTech :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

NA-eTech :

Do you mean a folder that exists within yahoo email to be forwarded?

NA-eTech :

If this folder exists on your computer, then it is possible to forward it.

NA-eTech :

If you mean the folder that exists within yahoo, then I don't know of any mean by which it can be forwarded without selecting emails one by one.

NA-eTech :

correction: without selecting emails individually

Customer:

The folder exists within yahoo. Anyway to keep electronic copy of emails in this folder?

NA-eTech :

As I understand from your this question, you want to move the emails you want to this folder, right?

NA-eTech :

To move an email into a particular folder, select the email you want to move, then click the button to the right of "Spam" button in your yahoo email to dropdown a menu. Select the name of your folder from that menu to move the select email into the folder.

NA-eTech :

Let me know if this is not what you are looking for. Thanks :)

Customer:

Sorry, this is not what I m looking for. I want to copy all the emails in one particular folder within Yahoo. But don't want to do it one by one. Try to find easy way to do it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I have a folder inside yahoo email. I want to copy or forward entire folder to the computer. Is there any easy way to do that or have to do it one by one?
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need. Press CTRL + D to bookmark this page.

You can set up your entire email account on your computer all at once... and they are all stored on your computer...

Can you please give me the part only after the @ symbol in your email address? Thank you.

FS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yahoo. BTW, I don't want to store whole email account, only one folder I want to store in my computer.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

where do you intend to store the folder ?

you can not forward it to another email address.

you can download it to something like outlook by setting up the yahoo account in the outlook. make sure that you mark the box to "leave a copy on the server" or it will download it but strip it off the yahoo so you wont be able to get them on the yahoo website.

You also cant set it up unless you either pay for the yahoo plus feature or use a third party program called ypops

http://ypopsemail.com/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know anything about this ypops. If I save it one by one, I can only use copy and paste?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

you can forward them to yourself 1 by 1.

what is your final objective here? maybe i can find a solution for that rather than tell you how to do what you think you need to do for your objective.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The objective is I want to keep this emails for future evidence. Can I copy all of them at same time instead copy each one of them?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

No. If you just want to copy the contents you would have to open and copy one email at a time. Also it wont include the header information that might help to authenticate it.

How many of them are there ? And do you have any other email addresses ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
May be 20 of them. Yes, I have other email address.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 years ago.

For 20 of them its probably easier to just forward them to another email account.

You could also open each one and copy it to something like ms word. But I think it may work more as a reminder than as any sort of legal proof as there isnt much way of proving that it was an email and who actually sent it as apposed to you typing it in yourself.

If you truly want them on your desktop you would need to set up a desktop email program such as outlook express or outlook. I can show you how to do that if you want but i think it may

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.