Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

Facebook Will Be Back Soon. Down for required maintenance

Customer Question

I'm getting this message: Facebook Will Be Back Soon
The site is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few hours. We're sorry for the inconvenience. But, my sister has no problem logging into her FB account. What can I do??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 4 years ago.

Hi! I look forward to assisting you and providing you with the information you need.

Rarely does a Facebook scheduled or unscheduled maintenance issue also affect anyone you know. Facebook has 750 million users, and thousands of servers to house all of those user's profiles on. Your profile is on a server that is going through maintenance and there is nothing that you can do at this time. Please wait 2-6 hours and it should be back up to normal. It can sometimes take a bit longer, but you can simply go back to and log in every hour or so to check and see if it's back up.

However, there is nothing you need to worry about on your end - it's just Facebook working on fixing a few things on the server side.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As I mentioned, I went to the Help site and already read what you just told me. However, it has been 48 hours since my daughter was able to log in. I need to know what to do in that situation.

Facebook maintenance takes longer. You are one out of 500+ million active users and Facebook cannot personally address your concerns; I'm very sorry.

You can also try clearing your cookies and cache (if you want more instructions on this, let me know) as that may work, but it most likely will not help.

Thank you.