Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.
29964247

my laptop will not let me access certain websites on the internet.

my laptop will not let me access certain websites on the internet. When i try to access these websites an error message pops up that says "there is a problem with this websites security certificate". i clicked on the "diagnose connection problem" link and it told me to make sure the SSL and TLS protocols were enabled in the security section, and to add "www" after the https. I tried both of those things and neither one worked. I am always able to access these websites on other laptops, so why arent they working on mine?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 5 years ago.
Hi there. Are you sure the date and time are correct on your computer. Because security certificates are dated, if your date and time are out to any large extent it will reject the certificates as not current.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i checked the date and time on my computer and they are both up to date, so that wasnt the problem.
You accepted the answer ? Not a problem but you should only really do that when you have the problem fixed as it is an acceptance of resolution.

Try this, In IE.....click on Tools, then click on internet options.....Then click on Content, then click on Certificates. ........then go to the tab that says...Untrusted Publishers. (may have to scroll across tabs using arrows) Delete stuff out of that folder as they are all sites blocked as untrusted and may contain legitimate certificates. Press OK.....................

then go to Tools, internet options ... content, and then click on "Clear SSL state

Then close IE and re open and try again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it says i do not have access to delete any certificates.
You need to be logged on to your computer with an account that is an administrator or you won't have permission. You should be able to clear the ssl state though.