Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair
16569391

how do i delete my account activity from gmail

Customer Question

how do i delete my account activity from gmail?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

Just to verify, you want to delete your gmail account all together, or account activity, like explain exactly what you want to remove.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Time and date IP address every thing from the account activity. I broke in to my girlfriends gmail and I dont wanter to see last activity our anything like that
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

I fully understand, this can be done but it does take sometime..please see here for how to do it:

Can I turn the Last Account Activity Alert off?

You can turn off Last Account Activity Alerts by changing your alert preferences underneath the recent activity table. Click change, next to Show an alert for unusual activity and you'll have the option to never show an alert for unusual activity. Keep in mind that we need about a week to disable this feature, to make sure the bad guys aren't the ones who turned off your alerts.

1. POP: POP (Post office protocol) is a one-way download of your messages that allows you to access your mail with a mail program like Outlook Express or Apple Mail. POP only offers one-way communication, which means that actions you take in the mail program (like marking a message as read) won't be synced to Gmail.
  2. IP address: An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a series of numbers that identifies a digital device such as your computer. They work like your home address--they allow data to arrive at the correct Internet location.
  3. IMAP: IMAP (Internet message access protocol) lets you download messages from Gmail so you can access your mail with a program like Outlook Express or Apple Mail. IMAP syncs the actions you take in Outlook Express or Apple Mail with Gmail so if you read a message in your mail client, it'll be marked as read in Gmail.
  4. browser: A browser is an application you can use to access the Internet and visit websites. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari are all examples of browsers.

You are welcome, Glad I could assist you! If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I'm not satisfied what are you talking about what erase the account activity log?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you still working on my reply answer?
Expert:  Travis B. replied 5 years ago.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way to turn off account activity is by doing the following:

Taken from Gmail:

"You can turn off Last Account Activity by changing your alert preferences underneath the recent activity table. Click change, next to Show an alert for unusual activity and you'll have the option to never show an alert for unusual activity. Keep in mind that we need about a week to disable this feature, to make sure the bad guys aren't the ones who turned off your alerts."

As stated above, I am sorry this isn't the answer you would of like to have gotten, this is possible though, but it does take up to a week for them to get this done on this account.

Travis B.