CompuGeek
CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
47701907

why does the screen go black on my acer notebook when I touch

why does the screen go black on my acer notebook when I touch a key
Category: Computer
Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.

CompuGeek :

I am one of the Expert with justanswer.com who will be assisting you and will fix the problem in no time for you. Welcome to the justanswer chat.

CompuGeek :

Boot the computer on safe mode and then remove the roxio software from the computer in add remove programs in control panel

CompuGeek :

Turn the computer on as it turn on and you see display on the screen immediately press the F8 for few times it will open windows advance menu use the arrow key to select safe mode and hit enter.

CompuGeek :

once roxio is removed restart the computer, later on you can reinstall roxio

CompuGeek :

Let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-pq2eo6hs- :

It is not working when I press the f8 key the screen goes blank

CompuGeek :

F8 will funtion when you turn on the computer and keep tapping on it then it will launch the windows advance menu.

CompuGeek :

let me know

Customer:

when I reboot the computer and I hit the f8 key repeatedly, the computer shuts down.

CompuGeek :

This does not look like a windows or a software problem.

CompuGeek :

what happens if you do not hit any key on the keyboard does the computer stay on or it shuts down too after a while.

CompuGeek :

if yes then there is a problem withe the cooling system

CompuGeek :

or else you have to replace the keyboard.

CompuGeek :

It is a hardware problem not software

CompuGeek :

so you need to check and decide

CompuGeek :

if computer is getting shut down after you turn on but not pressing any key on the keyboard that means it has a heating problem i mean the fans inside the computer is not working

CompuGeek :

second option replace keyboard if the computer shuts down after hitting any key.

CompuGeek :

Let me know if you have any question.

Customer:

If I don't hit any keys and click on icons with the mouse, it stays on. If I hit a key it goes blank and shuts down. So you mean you don't give advice on hardware problems

CompuGeek :

i do give advise on harware problems but advise will not onlyfix the problem, as we identify what part is bad and the customer has to replace the same part after you get it from the spareparts shop.

CompuGeek :

Let me know if you have any question.

CompuGeek :

the keyboard needs to be replaced to get the problem fixed

CompuGeek :

replace it asap or else the other parts or component can be effectively go bad too.

Customer:

ok so if I press accept does this mean I can't get anymore help with this and my registry problem that I can't address until the computer is fixed; that is, unless I pay another $38?

CompuGeek :

save this link to get back to me anytime

CompuGeek :

you can accept the answer as i have given you all possible steps to get the hardware fixed and once you are back with windows let me know i would love to help you further.

Expert:  CompuGeek replied 3 years ago.
CompuGeek, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: MCA (Masters of Computer Application)