Toby K.
Toby K., Technology Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support

I have been having problems with yahoo mail. I can log in

I have been having problems with yahoo mail. I can log in and go to the main mail page, but it won't let me click on anything- like it's still loading forever. (when I do, the little multi colored wheel appears and nothing happens). I let it go a couple of times, but it will just sit like that for hours.... I have no trouble getting onto any other website so the internet seems to be working fine.....This has been going on (on and off) since switching to the updated mail. Not sure if they're related....
Hello, there seems to be a problem with the new Yahoo Mail and Safari. There are a couple of things you can try, but for now, there is no clear solution.

1. Install Software Updates. Press Apple\Software Updates... There are reports that the latest version of Safari resolves the issue.
2. Install the latest version of Flash Player. Link
3. Install Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both of these browser are able to pull up Yahoo Mail without any problems. Atleast you can still check your mail while troubleshooting the problem with Safari.
4. Reset Safari. Select Safari\Reset all of the options.

At the end of this, you still might have a problem accessing Yahoo Mail from Safari and it will probably come down to either Yahoo or Apple making a change to their product. This has happened in the past so it's not permanent. That is why it's always good to have another browser handy because not all websites play nice with the latest version of a web browser. You will always run into compatibility issues.

Try those suggestions and let me know if you have any questions/problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that makes sense - I don't have trouble getting into it at work (non safari pc) and my son doesn't have the issue using the old mail. Thanks