Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network

How can I change from hotmail to gmail on my asus tablet

How can I change from hotmail to gmail on my asus tablet? (hotmail has been hacked and blocked)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I will make every effort to assist you. If you have any questions after reading my posts feel free to ask me!

It's actually pretty easy. You just download a mail app that can be connected to gmail. There is a gmail mail app that works fine, you can use touchdown, enhanced mail, etc. Just search the marketplace for an email app.

Configuring it is not that hard. You will need a gmail account. If you don't have one, create one on You will then need to set it up in the app. You will need to set up the incoming/outgoing email server settings, your account name and password.

From the tablet you can also just browse to and create the account there. You can access the email account through a browser on the Android OS.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Problem: When I google my gmail address, I get my email as seen on my PC. But when I hit the gmail icon on the Asus, I am prompted to register as a new account. That won't work...I am already registered. I want to sync my account on the PC. I deleted my hotmail account.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
None of those solutions helped,since i already had a gmail account. I didn't need an app. Just kept playing around until the Asus screen displayed a request for my gmail address and password, and it synced with my pc. Problem solved...though i don't have a clue how.
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

The tablet pulled the information from the PC for the account, mail server, and password. It's automatic if they are set to sync to each other. I didn't know you already had GMAIL installed on your tablet.

When you first open it, before the sync, it will always prompt you to create a new account. There is no way to get around this. I found that the fastest way to do it WITHOUT syncing would be to create a new account and then go through the 'add account' process. However, the setup that you have right now should work just fine for you.

I am glad that your system is set up!

4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button. This is what completes the

2- Let me know if the
answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, I will be happy to
continue troubleshooting the issue with you to ensure you are

3- Positive Feedback is very
important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with
the answer.

4- Any bonus will be
greatly appreciated.

bookmark my site
so you can contact me directly when you have a new question. Thank