Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Printer and network
21913621

How can I change from hotmail to gmail on my asus tablet

How can I change from hotmail to gmail on my asus tablet? (hotmail has been hacked and blocked)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I will make every effort to assist you. If you have any questions after reading my posts feel free to ask me!

It's actually pretty easy. You just download a mail app that can be connected to gmail. There is a gmail mail app that works fine, you can use touchdown, enhanced mail, etc. Just search the marketplace for an email app.

Configuring it is not that hard. You will need a gmail account. If you don't have one, create one on www.gmail.com. You will then need to set it up in the app. You will need to set up the incoming/outgoing email server settings, your account name and password.

From the tablet you can also just browse to gmail.com and create the account there. You can access the email account through a browser on the Android OS.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Problem: When I google my gmail address, I get my email as seen on my PC. But when I hit the gmail icon on the Asus, I am prompted to register as a new account. That won't work...I am already registered. I want to sync my account on the PC. I deleted my hotmail account.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
None of those solutions helped,since i already had a gmail account. I didn't need an app. Just kept playing around until the Asus screen displayed a request for my gmail address and password, and it synced with my pc. Problem solved...though i don't have a clue how.
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

The tablet pulled the information from the PC for the account, mail server, and password. It's automatic if they are set to sync to each other. I didn't know you already had GMAIL installed on your tablet.

When you first open it, before the sync, it will always prompt you to create a new account. There is no way to get around this. I found that the fastest way to do it WITHOUT syncing would be to create a new account and then go through the 'add account' process. However, the setup that you have right now should work just fine for you.

I am glad that your system is set up!

***
4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button. This is what completes the
transaction.

2- Let me know if the
answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, I will be happy to
continue troubleshooting the issue with you to ensure you are
satisfied.

3- Positive Feedback is very
important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with
the answer.

4- Any bonus will be
greatly appreciated.

Please
bookmark my site
http://bit.ly/the-hi-techs
so you can contact me directly when you have a new question. Thank
you